Thread: Fantasy city map

Post Fantasy city map

Subject
    This will be a map of a small to medium city on the edge of a chasm, spanned by a single bridge. On the other side of the bridge is another world, filled with hordes of demons and other baddies. The city is mostly military in design and construction, and acts as a barrier between this world and the next. Here's a basic layout of the city. To the east and west of the city, the chasm continues indefinitely, as the city is literally on the edge of the world. To the north, a road leads through a mountain range and into the main part of the world.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	startMap.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	75378

Style

I am looking for a map in the following style, with more of the surrounding area shown, at least to the mountain range and the edge of the opposing world (there is a similar city on the opposing world, though it lies in ruin).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gallery10.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	75379

Quality & Size
    Semi-professional quality, with 300dpi minimum, as a jpg or png.
    Will be used in both print and web formats.
    Should easily take up a full page in good detail (8.5x11).

Time Constraints
    Time constraints are flexible, though I am looking to use this map within a month or two.

Copyright
    I would like reproduction rights to the map, though the artist will retain the copyright.

Price
    If the work is of exceptional quality and/or is done in a timely manner, I may pay up to $400 via PayPal after the work is completed.

Contact Details
    If interested, please email me at
    mindlesslump(at)gmail(dot)com
    Mention the map request or the cartographers' guild in the subject line, and include a portfolio of one or two previous works.
    Last edited by MindlessLump; 08-20-2015 at 01:12 AM.

Hi MindlessLump. Just a friendly word of advice. If you are not receiving much interest in this piece, you may want to think about adjusting your budget. For a map of the scale and quality you are asking, it wouldn't be uncommon for an artist to charge in the area of $500+ for the project. If that is too much for your budget another option would be to increase the budget where you can and set your expectations of the artistic quality lower. Best of luck on this.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks for the heads up. I have adjusted my original post accordingly.

Just checking in again, has this project been taken? If so I'll go ahead and archive this.

It has. Thanks for the advice, by the way. It was very helpful.