Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Unpaid] Worldmap for a Browsergame

Map [Unpaid] Worldmap for a Browsergame

First of all, my english is not the best xD

So back 2 Topic, iam programming a Browsergame, the game is playing in the medieval times. I would be pleased if someone can create me a fantasy map (world).

Commission:
    Unpaid for now. Possible payment at a future date if the Browsergame brings some money.

Style:
    The map should be styled old link here.

Description of Map:
    The map will be called "Ateria". The world should have two or three large continents and several islands and/or island chains. It would be nice if the designer can placed so mountain's and Sea's in the map.
    The Climax of the map should be mixed.
    On the Top of the Map there should be a bit snow (arctic area)
    Somewhere in the middle should be a small dessert
    and the rest of the map should be normal climax with green wood.

Quality & Size:
    Professional
    Required for web
    Dimensions of maps 600 x 600.
    Raster/Vector – Not sure. Willing to discuss with cartographer.

Copyright:
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain.

Regards,

Torsten

Blog Entries

Hello TorstEn, this is going to get well confusing as we have a regular TorstAn too...
    You ought to get some responses as we have a load of game board map creators around here.

what? If I didnt missunderstude the post, you want to say me that a lot of map designers are here in this Board? The Only thing that I need from some map maker, is "the map" like I discribed above the rest I will make my own with java script.

Iam a bit confuesed so plz answer me angain.

Regards
    Torsten

Hi Torsten,

I'll gladly take on your request. I might not get back to you for a little while - up to a couple of weeks - but yeah, I'll see what I can do.

Keep in mind that I am a relatively new mapmaker, and have never tried my hand at this style before, but I'm confident that it'll turn out pretty well.

Is there a specific deadline you need this to be made by? If so, maybe another guild member could do it a bit quicker.

no there is no deadline because the Browsergame is planed to start in Jan - Feb 2009. maybe later because in the programming part is a lot of work to do

Update:
    New Size is width = 800px, height = 800px or more

That sounds fine, Torsten. Do you care what colour/texture the background is (parchment versus paper white)?

is this a importent part? or can I give you that information when the Site is finished.

No problem; it can be changed afterward.

ok I while put some updates here in the evening round about 21:00 GM+1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast