Thread: New to Mapping.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default New to Mapping.

Hi everyone,

Greetings from the antipodes...well, Australia. My name is Mark and I've been progressively returning to TTRPG's after over a 20 year absence. Given the rise of computer technology in that time there has been a resurgence seen in this past time. I'm hoping to learn from people re mapping and world building in my time here.

There are so many modern options these days.

In terms of playing rulesets I'm very partial to OSR in general and the TSR AD&D era specifically but am more than happy with investigating rules diversity across systems (d100/BRP, d6 and so many others). It's all really about the fun of the actual play session itself basically.

Anyway I hope to be a regular visitor here.

GM Mark.

Banned User

Hey Thaenor, welcome to the Guild!

Welcome to the Guild, Thaenor!

Banned User

Hello Mark, Welcome to the Guild!

There is a great tutorial in the sticky section of Tutorials, called Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4276

From there, go to Hand Drawn Mapping for the Artistically Challenged: http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=10655

Once you have completed those two tutorials, you'll be well on your way!!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Fantastic!! Thanks so much for the welcome

Welcome back to the Guild Mark! If you are looking to create dungeon maps in the Old TSR blue check out Torstan's tutorial here. There are a handful of members here from the OSR community. I consider myself a dabbler (I've done a few maps in this style). Anyway, please feel free to show off anything you create here.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh