Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aug / Sept 2015 Lite Challenge: Parchment Scroll Brushes for Photoshop

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coreyartus View Post
    Chick, I can't wait to see your whole set! I can't tell you how often I've looked for something like this. Regardless of whether you win the challenge, this will be very useful for a lot of people. Thanks for being so generous!
    I can't tell you how often I've looked for something like this, too I got tired of hunting and decided to end the hassle by making my own

Quote Originally Posted by Ariz89 View Post
    reeeally great I'm always not satisfied by any try of making drawn parchment. Great work !!
    And my drawing ability is somewhere around that of a 2-year-old, so having something ready-made to use each time I need one seemed like a smart thing to do -- get the agony over with once.

Thank you both for the kind words!
    Cornelia

I think you just drilled an "obvious" hole in my head. The kind that says "Duh!" and laughs like a maniac when it's realized that the pencil she searched the whole house for is in her hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    And my drawing ability is somewhere around that of a 2-year-old, so having something ready-made to use each time I need one seemed like a smart thing to do -- get the agony over with once.
    Slightly different topic but I have a similar attitude toward drawing things in isometric form... because I paint landscapes usually from a human's low perspective, and in perspective--with horizon lines and vanishing points and point of view and all--I often have trouble keeping the angles and everything truly isometric when I go to draw a map like that. I just sort of slip into the old habits, you know? I think I will try making a set of basic ISO mountain shapes to stamp onto map sketches that I can then reduce opacity to use as a loose guideline for the actual art.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    ..... I think I will try making a set of basic ISO mountain shapes to stamp onto map sketches that I can then reduce opacity to use as a loose guideline for the actual art.
    There is a great set of iso mountain brushes done by our own Quabbe. You might want to try using those in the way you described, like a guide for drawing your own.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=11875

Thanks for the link! I will look into those as an option but I'm thinking more along the lines of opaque stamps that can more easily overlap when working quickly. But if that doesn't work as well as I'd like then brushes will be a very good alternative. ... and actually, I do have an old set of mountain brushes I worked on a year or two ago and never did anything with, so I might be able to work something out of those.
    Last edited by Chashio; 08-28-2015 at 01:48 PM.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Adept Facebook Connected

This is such a creative and useful idea! Well done! Have some rep.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    This is such a creative and useful idea! Well done! Have some rep.
    Thanks, Coriolis, I'm glad you like them, hope you find them useful!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Great work! I need to make my own parchments sometime. The internet have a lot of awesome parchs, but to make our own is so cool! Thank you for the inspiration!

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JefBT View Post
    Great work! I need to make my own parchments sometime. The internet have a lot of awesome parchs, but to make our own is so cool! Thank you for the inspiration!
    You're welcome, JefBT. There are almost 100 brushes in the set I'll eventually post, so you'll be able to make zillions, or just a new one each time you need it

I feel like repeating myself... but again, an excellent idea Chick! I certainly could use those.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected JefBT's Avatar

Thank you, Chick!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast