Thread: I need a map for my Novel

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Map I need a map for my Novel

I do have a short description of the world and it continents. The world is known as Yeshir. It's fairly large planet with a Circumference of about 70,000 kilometers. There are only five known continents. The continents are called: Ralbad, Vernef, Gramrot, Tolboud, and lastly Xertis.

Giving a brief description, if you were to look at a map of the world the Northern most part of the world is where you would find Ralbad. Connecting to Ralbad you would find a small strip of land that would connect to the eastern continent of Vernef. (I'm perfectly fine if it was not necessarily connected just very close to each other)In the center of the globe is the largest continent named Tolboud. On southwestern edge of the world is where Gramrot is located and lastly Xertis is in the bottom southernmost part of the world and is considered a cold and barren land.

These are the five known continents of the world and the rest of the globe was thought to be covered with water with only small islands off the coasts of the five large continents. The only continent that I have written about so far is the Tolboud continent so every other continent you can use as much imaginative power as you would like. Tolboud, in the south western edge has a major port city called domington that is the major port to the continent of Gramrot with roads which flows through a forest known as Fengle's Mourning. The forest's area steals up that entire southwestern portion of the continent. So as long as you put a forest in that area I think the rest of the creativity is up to the creator.

Thanks to anyone wanting to pick up this task. I'm perfectly fine if you want to change the world up a bit since the only two continents in my book that I have perfectly nailed down is Tolboud and Gramrot. Everything else is completely negotiable. Also I am willing to pay, since this task isn't exactly the funnest. I would be using this image of course in my novel, and on my website so if I can use the image to my own ends the copyrights will be as such.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Justin, it's best to follow the example described in this post if you make an map request. An email address would also be greatly appreciated.

Depending on the specifics (as shown in the linked example post) I would be interested.
    Last edited by Wired; 08-24-2015 at 05:21 PM.

I apologize for the delay in a speedy response, I have contacted a person who sent me a private message and I am still waiting on a response at the moment. For everyone else, depending on whether or not the commission is accepted here is my specifics based on the guidelines.

Here is an image of the world I want to portray. Most of the world is completely negotiable to change however.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolrd of Yeshir.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	714.7 KB 
ID:	75705

Preferably, I am looking for a map in the following styles:

http://www.deviantart.com/art/A-Worl...ance-320170793
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Galbad...book-352948855
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=75085
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/al...chmentid=49844
    http://chashio.deviantart.com/art/Castitia-465886003

For the Quality & Size:

I would prefer a more professional styled map. One with lakes, rivers, forests, mountains, and possibly a cool sea monster.
    Also in the image I attached, I have the city of Domington mapped out. However, in the actual map I don't plan on having any cities, just important landmarks. The city of Domington is only set as a placeholder so you know where to enshroud the forest of Fengle's Mourning. As I stated in my original posting I'm perfectly fine with a different improvisation. The south-western part of Tolboud is the only continent that needs to stay slightly true, because Domington is the major port city for Gramrot. I just wanted to be sure to clarify certain areas that I have pinned down in my novel.

I am planning on including this map in my novel, but also on my website. So if at all possible, I would enjoy a colored map. One that can be fine printed in black and white.

For the image of the map I'm not too sure on the dimensions or pixels because I do not know what would be best. However if it's large enough, we can always easily just scale the map down. The World of Yeshir is approximately 70,000 Kilometers in circumference. Which is fairly larger than our earth. So it can be based accordingly.

As far as having it in Vastor (bimap images) or Vector, I will leave it up to personal discretion. Since Vastor can be good with certain things I am perfectly fine with it. While vector is smooth, and not jagged, it is easy to determine fine edges. Either way I would think it would get the job done.

As far as time constraints go:

I'm not to particularly concerned, as long as you keep me updated with the status of the progress. I'm okay with time being taken on it to give it the best possible outcome. My first book of the series most likely won't be done for quite awhile, so take your time.

For Copyrights:

I would like all copy rights that would include reproduction rights to the map, possible future revisions, (To later include cities or any other added content) and any other needs I have. I will credit you for your work in the creation of map and you will reserve the right to use in your portfolio.
    Looking at the websites Copyrights guidelines this one is what I am mainly looking for:

CC BY: BY=Attribution, which means that people can do anything with your artwork as long as you are credited.

Contact Information

You can get a hold me via personal email at Nephilim722@live.com

Thanks for your time,
    Sincerely Justin Ewell

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Thank you for the detailed update, Justin. I've sent you an email.

This request has been officially taken. Thank you to everyone that sent me a email and I do apologize if I didn't respond back to some of you. Many of you had exemplary skills and my blissful ignorance of your response to my request should not undermine your talent. Please continue to support those within the community.