Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Globes of Earth during 6 eras (commission)

Wow... It's always a pleasure to see your work Lingon. Being someone who use a lot the past/future coastlines of Earth as a base or inspiration, I find those globes just fantastic!

Wow, they're so clean and professional! I know how hard it is to draw and paint on a curved surface, so kudos.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    It was also great to discuss with another Guild member (who can step forward when she wants to), who taught me a lot about our planet's ancient history while working on her own set of globes, so Richard has one set at each exhibition.
    I am the "..other Guild member.." who is working on a set of globes for Richard Garriott. Unfortunately, mine are not yet done, so you'll have to wait to see them for a bit yet, but they are going to be completely different in many ways from what Lingon has done so beautifully. It was very interesting to see the almost opposite approach he and I took for them. When mine are finished, I'll post them, but I expect it will be at least another month

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Meshon's Avatar

Oh my gosh. You two are actually talking to Lord British! As an Ultima player from way back I just really can't express how totally excited this makes me! Plus, very cool work!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Lingon's Avatar

Thanks for the comments, everyone! Wonderful to get such lovely response after working on it for so long

I've put some WIP pictures on my website, it's still not completely functional with all the links but you can view the gallery itself here. (I've made a page with a short write-up of the process, but I can't get it to show up yet… working on it)

And yes ideed, Chick is the other person who was tasked with this! The plan was always to make two sets, so we worked in parallell from the beginning, trading WIP photos, ideas, research and techniques. I've seen very little of Chick's globes and am very excited to see the big reveal

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Lingon View Post
    And yes ideed, Chick is the other person who was tasked with this! The plan was always to make two sets, so we worked in parallell from the beginning, trading WIP photos, ideas, research and techniques. I've seen very little of Chick's globes ...
    That's because they suck and I'm afraid to show them to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    That's because they suck . . .
    I don't believe it. Are they getting close to finished yet?
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Thanks for posting the progress pictures Lingon! I'm looking forward to reading about it, too, when you get it working. The new site albums are nice; I'm trying to re-work my own site with a similar structure to it but I haven't quite figured it out yet.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

That is awesome, Lingon. Looks really cool.
    Also looking forward to Chick's globes...and i don't believe for a second that they suck.

Cool project you guys.
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12