Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sirilion (City Designer 3)

------------------------
    UPDATED: removed this version of the map.
    ------------------------

In this verion of Sirilion I did some cleaning up. Start in the northwest corner and then move east. You'll hit a border and you will see what I mean.

I wanted to redo the whole map like this but it just got to frustrating. There's probably even more glitches in this map, as I quit redoing it when only at about 20% finished.

This map made me scared to do more city maps of this size. And I still need to map the three other great cities of Iffraon, Velakron and Miston. Ack!

Some day...
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 12-30-2008 at 06:21 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Post Spectacular

This is truly amazing! I have a feeling a group of players may very well be traversing these streets shortly.

Thanks! I'm really glad you've shared this with us.
    The ongoing sketchpad - Craig's Sketchpad (NEW)
    Design and web services - CJ Productions
    All the latest at my personal blog - Craig John
    Photoshop Training Podcast - Graphic Basics (currently on hold)

Quote Originally Posted by craggles View Post
    This is truly amazing! I have a feeling a group of players may very well be traversing these streets shortly.
    I hope they don't run into a graphical glitch
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

------------------------
    UPDATED: removed this version of the map.
    ------------------------

So, the good news: I have found a way around the crash bug while saving (found it on the Profantasy forum). It's even a lot quicker than just rendering the map. That means I can now render maps in huge dimensions, without cutting and pasting screenshots together.

The bad news: it messes with some of my settings. In below (HUGE!) example the city walls are too thick for example. Hopefully I can fix this by messing with the effects.

More bad news: I am now running into the limitations on file size on this forum. I saved a version that started with 6000 x something pixels. Had to resize it to 4000 x something.

This is quite a breakthrough for me and very happy with it. I can now create insanely large maps. Phear my power! MUHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 12-30-2008 at 06:22 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

There is a maximum pixel limit to uploaded files (33 million or so I think), I've run into it a few times myself.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I can now create insanely large maps. Phear my power! MUHAHAHAHA
    Fun isn't it?
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Awesome! Now that you don't have to struggle with that, I imagine we're going to be just swimming in CD3 maps, eh?
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    Awesome! Now that you don't have to struggle with that, I imagine we're going to be just swimming in CD3 maps, eh?
    Ha! You read my mind. First stop Westdiep. I am rendering the map right now and trying a wall fix that I am going to implement for Sirilion as well (fix as in: tear down all walls and rebuild).

I fixed the thick walls by bulldozing them and drawing them again. I updated the map in the first post with the final version (I will probably give it one more update, some towers need to be replaced).

I've looked at this map over and over again. It's a real inspiration.
    I want some of City Designers functions in photoshop..
    Two points: Is there anyway of anti aliasing the buildings. They look really jagged, specially in large res.
    Can you sharpen the terrain textures? Since the buildings are so well defined, the ground seems blurry.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast