Thread: Create a "Free or Available Map" Post Icon?

Default Create a "Free or Available Map" Post Icon?

This is just an idea, and maybe not a new one. I know we often get requests and people showing up looking for pre-made maps to use in their campaigns and such and I was wondering if it might make sense to provide an easier way to find the maps that members have made available in that fashion, both free-to-use and license- or fee based. Not a whole sub-forum or even a single thread that's communally added to, but perhaps a new Post Icon (like the current ones: Post; Help!; Info; Map; WIP; etc)? Something(s) like "Free Map" or "Ready-made/Available" or "Blank Map" - there are probably better ideas - that can be used for single threads or posts inside the Finished Maps sub-forum to make it easier for people who want them to search for.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

That's a really good idea Chashio! As a fairly new member i don't know if it has been discussed before, but i thought about something similar after the march/april 2015 lite challenge. The topic was to create a "ready to play" village map. All the entries were really great in my view (i participated, so i might be a bit based... ) and it's too bad those lovely maps are now relatively inacessible for those potentially interested GMs, they were originally made for. Ofc the same applies to a lot of other (lite-) challenges, e.g. the actual running one, where free-to-use (i always thought so at least) map elements are done, but without a central place to find these usually very useful gems after the challenge.