Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Riverlands

Map The Riverlands

First map I've completed.

It's of the Riverlands, a region of Westeros from the A Song of Ice and Fire novels. Certain place locations are speculative but based on facts from the text - for example, Wayfarer's Rest is not given a specific location, but the Lord is sent to defend the western road and Acorn Hill is one of Wayfarer's Rest's vassals, so it is likely to be in that general area. The map is also not comprehensive: some small towns, villages, and keeps are mentioned in the text (such as Sevenstreams or Acorn Hall), so they get to feature, but there's reason to believe there are dozens and dozens of similarly sized settlements throughout the Riverlands which are simply never specifically named or located, so they can't be included.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	riverlands.png 
Views:	357 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	75734

That is a very lovely map. And in your first post, too! Welcome to the Guild Tyr Flaidd. I look forward to seeing what else you share with us.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Welcome to the guild and good done, i really love the style of your map, and the circular border is a good idea! take some rep!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's really great. It looks like it could be one of those commemorative plates. The integration of the sigils right into the locations is seamless too. Bang-up job, have some rep, welcome to the Guild, and show us some more stuff.

Banned User

Very nice, Tyr, great to see such a fine map from someone just joining!

Welcome to the Guild Tyr, nice way to make an entrance!

Great map, very clean, nicely detailed.

This is a very lovely map for your first post! Congrats and welcome. Have some rep.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Very nice map! Everything works well together.

Wow really good, I like a lot the circular shape ! And making a map based on Martin's books must have been very complicated

Thank you all very much for the pleasant words and rep. I was a little nervous before posting the map publicly, seeing only the flaws, so your kindness is very much appreciated and I couldn't feel more welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast