Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browann Mill

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Abu Lafia's Avatar

Oh, i totally missed this thread. Marvelous work Larb! Great to see another place of interest from the Duchy of Argot.

Quote Originally Posted by Green-Pilgrim View Post
    Larb,

Love the map. This sort of reminds me of the Broadleaf hall map that I was working on. It makes me wonder how to use circular spaces like in my round tower and in the mill that you've drawn.

The quarter-circle stairway that leads up to the next floor seems logical. Would you lock off the 2nd floor with a door at the top of the stairs? Would you cut up the second floor into smaller spaces or would that seem too claustrophobic?

Any ideas?

Great work!
    -Green Pilgrim
    I actually got lazy because the tower section is just "the mill" but I do know how it would be divided.

So it is basically three storeys - very tall maybe about 12 feet or so for each floor. No doors though - the stairs leading up are open and the individual tower floors are not divided because all of the mill bits are in the middle. The second floor is where the millstones would be. Also where you'd feed in the grain. The floor up above that is where the gearing would be for switching the horizontal... power to vertical power for the millstones. I am sure there are proper engineering terms for this. =P

Abu: Thanks!
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

I missed this.. really cool! I love the crows

That's beautiful Larb, as usual. I really like the soft and progressive shadowing of the side view.

Guild Journeyer

Very nice! I always enjoy your building plans and this one is no exception.

I really like that. Nice work!

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

You artist are killing me...
    One thing I wanna learn to do is illustrate my Map Locations.
    One short coming of just mapping id not being able to show what it looks like from the outside.
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

the birds. that sealed the deal on this one for me just beautiful such a great life giving detail.

Larb,

can you throw a link out as to where / how you made that fill pattern for the walls?

Thanks!

-GP
    Larger copies of my maps located on flickr and can be used for your enjoyment.

That pattern was made by Steffan Brand and he included it in this thread ages ago.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12