Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Domhantyr

I absolutely love this map, particularly the detail on the sea (how do you do that?!) and the layout and positioning of the towns. The colours are great and the text stands out well. I would have pinned it to my Pinterest map board but can't due to the two upload thing!
    If I had to comment on anything, I'd have to say that the ships and characters drawn onto the sea area seem to be of a lesser quality (more pixelated) than the rest of the map.
    In any case, a wonderful map!

Thanks Formal Abu!
    The sea is mainly a combination of layer : wave pattern + color + 2 differente textures (and the background paper texture). Concerning the drawings, well I'd say partly the jpeg artefact and partly my drawing (I use an anti-aliases option, but well...).

So happy to see this finished. Such a great map. Congratulations Ilanthar.
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

I really like the bright and simple look. And the massive kingdom illustration are awsome !!!!

This map is great. It's great by the sheer size and scope, it's great on the amount of details, it's great on color balance, distribution of focal points, landshape...
    I would have added a title, but that's me and I understand the choice not to.

But what I think it makes it really a GREAT map is the truly original use of "mouse art" - those little decorations, done with a 1px sized pencil brush. This, Ilanthar, is a winner. If at any point you lacked confidence about those bits of drawing, I gotta tell you that they are the key holding everything together. They set a particular style for this map.

Trés bon, monsieur, felicitations!
    (pardon my bad french!)

Thanks guys!

@ Pixie : I'll probably do more maps in this style, and I certainly give other try to "mouse art" (funny expression btw ). You've been very helpful for the font choice, so thanks again for this precious help (I will use those fell fonts on other maps, for sure).
    Your french is not so bad! I wouldn't know where to start to tell the same in portuguese!

Very cool. I especially like the flourish type image you used repeatedly in the ocean! The kraken and sea serpent images are nice touches as well.

Quite a lovely piece Ilantar! The illustrations are very whimsical. I particularly like the border surrounding the map key. Definitely one to be proud of.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thanks a lot to both of you ! Glad you like it.

Ohhh! Nice work there Illanthar, though since everything I wanted to say/suggest has already been said, I'll just say great job and glad you're happy with the result! Looking forward to your next project...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast