Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Umbraland: Logo Design

TheImperial - sorry for the sidetrack...

Anyway, I really like the cold texture. Very realistic!

-Rob A>

yeah its looking good
    Photoshop, CC3, ArcGIS, Bryce, Illustrator, Maptool

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

It looks positively great!

I like the orange blob on the N... to me it suggests uneven cooling.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Quote Originally Posted by mmmmmpig View Post
    as for the nit-picking.... the orange blob on the stroke for the "N" seems a bit out of place and too strong.

again, super nit-picky
    Not nit-picky at all! The blobs aren't working as I'd like at all and are on the chopping block tonight.
    Current Project: The Low Countries & Their Periphery, c. 1584

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Hey everybody, it's been a couple of days (or more than a week, actually) since my last update. There's been some major work done on the logo and I'm pretty happy how it's turning out.

Really, all I feel I need to tweak right now is the moss growth up top. But, I'm going to sleep on it and see how I feel in the morning!

It's a 2000px wide file, so you probably would do best to view it in a new tab instead of the pop-up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	umbraland-logo-3.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	247.8 KB 
ID:	7303  
    Last edited by RobA; 10-23-2008 at 07:01 PM.

Do you like Renaissance and early modern history? Check out my Facebook page, Renaissance Netherlands with Will Phillips.

Question

Wow! This is just great! I really, really like it! It's funny, but I'm also working on a logo (logotype! ) for my setting; especially for my setting's wiki. It just looks awefully boring as it is now. It would be really nice, if you could explain, how you did yours. Please don't feel urged to post a tutorial; I'd just like to know the basics like which program you used (PS?) and how you made the letters. Did you draw them or did you tweak an existing font? Your logo (logotype! ) is awesome, it would be cool, if you could share your knowledge on creating stuff like this.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You did an awesome job capturing that hot iron look, well done! The rust looks good too. I'm not too wild about the moss since it looks more like grass, maybe turn it into a lichen with oranges and reds and whites with a lil slime running down and put the moss as some kind of viny border thing. But that's just me. Very good job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Very nice.

I like the moss (I also liked the orange glowy blobs before... and honestly it looks less now like the letters were recently dipped in molten metals for forging than it did before... but that's my opinion). All in all, though, very awesome looking!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Really beautiful! Was this a pre-designed font or did you do the lettering yourself?

The typeface is a result of frankensteining two together: Augustus (available on dafont.com) and Harrington (Microsoft).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast