Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Western United States

Yeah me too, and I drew the thing! Thanks for the compliment. Only been to a few, plan to go soon though.

I'm going to give it to my players this week. Thanks again, it was just what I was looking for.

http://imgur.com/WGSXeSj

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected ranger's Avatar

this is a great looking map, i love it, and want one...with a few minor tweaks as to actual geology and points of interest

wyoming is vastly underdone
    the mountain range you have along the western border that goes into the tetons, is called the wind river range, it has the highest average elevation of anywhere in the entire us ie its a massive mountain block bigger than anywhere else.
    also if you travel east of yellowstone you encounter a large basin with thermopolis wyoming at the south tip of the basin, wich is home to massive hot spring action, on the other side of the basin where you have a forest is actually a very large mountain range called the big horns, north of wich is that forest you have labled, but its not a forest its more grass plains wilderness, you have custers last stand and things like that in that part of montana great attractions for history
    not sure how much detail you want but the big mountain ranges are quite a bit of a thing
    also the mountains hug the south side of north plat until it turns south, the forest shown is a mountain range called medine bow nat forest, it has laramie peak a fun day hike
    also some things to consider independence rock, oregon trail etc, all have some heavy history in wyoming idaho, and oregon
    i could go on and on hah, but being that i live in wyoming and am a geography nut

Thanks Ranger for the geology lesson on Wyoming , where were you a month or so ago? Actually I've made modification to a couple area based on a couple responses and will do so with these once I get back to the map again. I could probably tweak the whole map as people look closely at it, I was told there would be people like you! Thanks for taking the time to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    this is a great looking map, i love it, and want one...with a few minor tweaks as to actual geology and points of interest

wyoming is vastly underdone
    the mountain range you have along the western border that goes into the tetons, is called the wind river range, it has the highest average elevation of anywhere in the entire us ie its a massive mountain block bigger than anywhere else.
    also if you travel east of yellowstone you encounter a large basin with thermopolis wyoming at the south tip of the basin, wich is home to massive hot spring action, on the other side of the basin where you have a forest is actually a very large mountain range called the big horns, north of wich is that forest you have labled, but its not a forest its more grass plains wilderness, you have custers last stand and things like that in that part of montana great attractions for history
    not sure how much detail you want but the big mountain ranges are quite a bit of a thing
    also the mountains hug the south side of north plat until it turns south, the forest shown is a mountain range called medine bow nat forest, it has laramie peak a fun day hike
    also some things to consider independence rock, oregon trail etc, all have some heavy history in wyoming idaho, and oregon
    i could go on and on hah, but being that i live in wyoming and am a geography nut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123