Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sept / Oct 15 Lite Challenge: Map the So Called Wizard's Tower - Your Version

Post Sept / Oct 15 Lite Challenge: Map the So Called Wizard's Tower - Your Version

Sept / Oct 15 Lite Challenge: Map the So Called Wizard's Tower - Your Version

When Lesopreso posted this great wizard's Tower & map recently, several people thought it would be cool to come up with their own version of the map based on the illustration. Then it was suggested that that would be an interesting challenge and I agree. So, start with this wizards tower graphic and make your own version of the floorplan map of the insides and of the dungeon underneath. OR Map any Wizard's Tower that you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tower1_lesopreso.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	712.4 KB 
ID:	76091

You can and should use your own layout for the rooms, don't just try to copy his. (or is it hers? I'm not sure yet. )
    AND do this in what ever style you want to, we are not looking for exact copies of the original.

Lesopreso has given the OK to use his art for this challenge. You should check out the original thread here:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=31652

The Lite Challenge will end on October 14 and will be followed by 3 days of Voting.

The winner will receive a shiny new Silver Compass.

As always, please include the following in your thread:

Title each new thread Sept / Oct 15 Lite Challenge - < Insert your title here>

Precede each WIP image with the tag ### Latest WIP ### otherwise your maps won't be in the Thumbnail section. It is best to only have 1 map of the latest WIP in that specific post to be sure the WIP you want is in that section.

NOTE: Change in the rules for this challenge: Map your version of Lesopreso's Tower or any other Wizard's Tower you want to make!
    Last edited by Bogie; 09-28-2015 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Slight change of rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post

don't just try to copy his. (or is it hers? I'm not sure yet. )
    I'm definitely an "his" , my real name is Tom, and I'm really flattered of this!
    too bad i can't compete lol...

I'm going to have to pass on this unfortunately, cos I don't really know anything about dungeon mapping. Looking forward to seeing what others come up with, though. Should be fun. And I hope we get some funny ones, like Lesopeso's original artwork was!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Another new thing to try out. Count me in I love a good dungeon floor plan, now to try and make one.
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Quote Originally Posted by lesopeso View Post
    I'm definitely an "his" , my real name is Tom, and I'm really flattered of this!
    too bad i can't compete lol...
    No reason you can't compete, you would just have to make a new version with a different floorplan, and different jokes ( jokes are optional).

@ ChickPea: You have learned to make all kinds of new maps lately, no reason you can't do this.

We seem to be overwhelmed with entries so far this month!

Bogie, I'm actually going on holiday in a couple of days which is another reason I can't really participate this month. I won't have the time. Maybe one of these days I'll try my hand at a dungeon map, but now's not the right time. But, I know there are lots of people who do these kinds of maps all the time, so come on people, let's see some entries!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I thought sure this would attract some entries; there were a lot of people that seemed enthused over the idea.

Perhaps it's due to a difference of thought regarding what the challenge was going to be.
    For myself, I was looking at it as being 'map A wizard's tower' as opposed to 'map THIS wizards tower', and that makes a big difference.
    Certainly no offense to Leso and his tower, but I would've wanted to map my own tower. Perhaps that is the same with others maybe.

I'll also add, I didn't even realize the challenge was going until today. First I saw of it.

I'll do it, just didnt get around to yet
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Perhaps it's due to a difference of thought regarding what the challenge was going to be.
    For myself, I was looking at it as being 'map A wizard's tower' as opposed to 'map THIS wizards tower', and that makes a big difference.
    Certainly no offense to Leso and his tower, but I would've wanted to map my own tower. Perhaps that is the same with others maybe.

I'll also add, I didn't even realize the challenge was going until today. First I saw of it.
    Can only agree with John! I also thought about joining, but with an own version of the stereotypical wizard tower. Not sure how many people have already started working on this (without posting anything yet), but is there a possibility to change the task so you can also participate with an own version of a wizard tower?
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast