Thread: D&D world map request

Map D&D world map request

Sorry to bother everyone here with this but I was hoping to get a little help on something. I am a terrible artist myself and have very little skill or knowledge about making any sort of world map. I am the DM for a D&D group though (we just started so we haven't done a whole lot just yet) and was hoping to be able to provide some manner of world map for my players to use as a reference. The way I had described the world and the map I was hoping I could have someone be kind enough to make, was of a world with 2 large continents in the east and west that are connected via a series of large islands and landmasses a bit north of the equator which is known as the midlands. These islands and landmasses would need to be large enough to support towns and villages and at least one major city (though this city is going to be in ruins at this point)

As a whole I haven't flushed out the rest of the world, the only think that would be necessary to include is the area that campaign is starting in which is in the eastern part of the midlands along a dense forest called the blight and with a small town called Havenford in the vicinity. Any help I can get with this would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone would be so kind as to help or just want to give me ideas for the world, please post down below or contact me at whscorbin@gmail.com.

A few more details about the campaign below:

This plane was created several millennium ago when the astral planes were filled with thousands of gods, each of which helped to shape the physical plane and populate it with all manner of races and creatures. As time went by though the gods began to fight and bicker until an out all war broke forth, for the first time gods perished. The races of the now dead gods went berserk and feral, attacking the other races and starting strife and conflict. A group of gods, later labeled the fallen ones, left the astral planes and descended to the world and gathering together there own races hid below the earth and in the isolated parts of the world. Waiting till they could destroy the gods which forced them out.

Centuries past after the fall, war raged and the different races came into conflict time and time again. It wasn't until a human emperor was able to make peace with the "goodly" races that a relative peace was achieved. This emperor created a grand imperial city within the midlands, a place that all elves, humans, dwarves, gnomes, halflings and dragonborn could gather without fear. The status of emperor was passed from father to son and for five generations the races and nations lived in harmony. The final emperor though did the unthinkable, a strange magic destroyed every living thing within the imperial city and shook each and every plane. Creating scars and holes that all manner of demons and devils spilled through, the most powerful of them being called demon lords and terrorizing everything that they could. . The fabric of reality was ripped and it took over a hundred years for the last of the demon lord were defeated. Our heroes' fleeing the destroyed city of Havenford have gathered in a small clearing with other survivors, now they must band together as complete strangers to see if they can survive in this harsh world.

Hello whscorbin.

Since I am currently interested in improving my town making skills (or better to say acquiring them ) I would be willing to make the Havenford town + the region around it. Ofc my skills are much lower than the better/professional cartographers here so you would have to be willing to accept that it probably wont be top notch. On the other had I will do it for free and it wont look completely awful. There are some maps on my profile you can see that I've done even though the map I would do for you would probably be different since I am discovering all different styles to see what fits the best with me.

So if you are interested reply here or send me an email: barek_zelina@yahoo.com to discuss in more length about what you want. (just the region map, just the town map, the style to try and achieve and so on..)

Cheers,
    Barek
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Hi! I decided to do a quick computer sketch of the regional-scale map. No style at all yet, just continent outlines and major geographic features. Shades of green and blue indicate elevation: paler = higher.

Is this kind of what you were thinking of? You say "a bit north of the equator", which I took to mean the tropics. If you like it I can keep working on it; let me know what kind of style you were hoping for.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	850.4 KB 
ID:	76796