13 54.17%
  • The Bedrosian Crisis by Wired

5 20.83%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** September 2015 VOTING: Map a Cold War ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** September 2015 VOTING: Map a Cold War ***

We had a HUGE amount of awesome entries this month - nice job guys and gals.

Here are this month's images: CLICK ME FOR PURTY PICTURES AND SUCH

Voting will last for three (3) days, ending Sunday night at this same time. Vote for as many as you feel are worthy and don't forget to rep these hard-working folks, either!

So many entries and an impulse to give too much votes that I must resist to give a meaning to my votes. These month’s entries, in my opinion, are mostly high quality ones, artistically and storytelling wise, with some interesting twist on the theme, but I also think that someone has a little bit strayed from the subject.

My votes:

The Durnstel Estimates by foremost
    A massive and detailed job, well organized in an easy to read map. I love when lots of information are displayed in a so neat and “weightless” way. Also, an original idea, a nice choice of colours; I like the simple icons and the overall “ game board feel”. The focus on the challenge’s theme is also perfect in my opinion, so well done!

The Shadows-Vorlon Cold War by Chick
    A lovely sci-fi star map. The hotspots boxes are great; the show wasn’t (heheh flame starting), but nonetheless (ok ok I’m joking) you managed to do a great job. Also, this is the only star map of this challenge. This map, like foremost’s one has lots of information that are well organized and easily readable. Good job!

And the other jobs in random order:

A Cold, Cold War by coriolis
    I’ve seen this map greatly improve from the beginnings. It has developed nicely in an original sci-fi
    setting. You did really well in containing the text in few essential information, for sake of readability. And your world building exercise left out of the map is anyway impressive. A good job!

City of Venora by tainotim
    Ok, Karl you are one of the artist I really actually envy. Now, you’re able to produce your city and regional landscapes in a really distinct hand drawn traditional style. The city of Venora is a lovely work of art also given the few amount of time in which you produced it. Congrats.

The Banker’s Dance by Diamond
    A Diamond’s map. Need to add something else? Well, let’s add something. So, it’s a nice map; nice choice of colours, nice landshape, excellent readability, good backstory, great feel of political tensions amongst powers like in any other Diamond’s map. I can spot a late renaissance – venetian feeling from the icons and the general context (choice of names and banks and bankers are almost an italian invention). Great job, as always.

The Trident Battlefield by Francissimo
    A “living”, interesting scenario. Super great icons and definitely a “pc wargame” feel.

The Bedrosian Crisis by Wired
    I hoped to see another star map from you! But this is fine, indeed, with a great sci-fi feel. Nice icons and backstory and great sense of an impending doom.

Lake Bajostat Chill by jbgibson
    I can see a somewhat innovative concept and a detailed execution; your interpretation of a cold war maybe is not the most appealing, but it is original, for sure.

America at War by snodsy
    A nice, simple (in a good way) and informative map. Good job.

Well, I couldn't rep everyone, but those I could I did. Vote-wise, this was tough. I hardly ever vote for more than two or three, but this time I was compelled to vote for five. There were so many good entries.

Some tough choices this month - very fine entries from everyone.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Really good job guys! so many cool(d) maps!

Indeed a lot of quality ideas and some awesome maps. I've just voted in 3. Time to spread some rep!...

I feel like the politburo handing the election to Comrade Leader, but congratulations to me. Me, your Compass will be along shortly.

It's a shame tainotim didn't get more of a head-start, because with a whole month to work on it, his entry would've easily blown everything out of the water.

Congrats Diamond, great job!

Congrats for your win Diamond!
    This month challenge was really cool, so many interesting maps to watch. Congrats to everyone for those nice maps and thanks to those who rep my entry

Blog Entries

Great job Diamond; a well deserved win!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast