View Poll Results: Want to do this as a challenge?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes; good idea

8 100.00%
  • No; not interested

0 0%

Thread: Map a Campus

Blog Entries

Default Map a Campus

Hey guys.

I'm currently a Junior in High School, and I get a lot of mail from the College Board mailing list. Recently, Wheaton College emailed me a link to an interactive map of their campus. I doubt I'll be going there, but the map was oddly neat and inspiring. Kudos to whatever Wheaton kid probably drew that up. Anyways, it made me want to draw a map of a campus of sorts, and I thought I would recommend that for a challenge. Not sure if it has been done before... I should probably look.

So the challenge would be to produce a map of a campus, plaza, building complex, etc...

You could show us the design plans for a brand new university, the setting of a 3000-year old magic academy, the grounds of the city park, or anything else your heart desires. My definition of "campus" is pretty loose here, if you couldn't tell. I think grounds and buildings are really the only key elements. Also, fact or fiction, as long as it's an original work of art.

Any thoughts on this?
    - foremost
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

I would love to do that. I have a whole folder on just university maps, old and new.
    Another whole folder of property and architectural development renderings.
    Great idea foremost. It gets my vote.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That IS a good idea. It's in the hopper...

Guild Novice

I love it. At my school, there is an end of the year project for 8th graders where you can pretty much do anything, so I'm thinking of making some maps of campus.

One will have people's favorite places on campus larger and another might have the most common routes throughout people take throughout the school.

I REALLY love this idea.