Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Wizards Academy maps 2 - Lairs

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Nothing much to say beside...Excellent maps J. !

Thank you Larb.
    Fezmet's Castle was the second lair I did. I was pretty pleased with how it come out and really liked the color scheme and the grass.
    As I did more lairs I felt like I improved on the interior furnishings. But each lair had something I felt like I did well.

Thanks tainotim.
    I played Diablo 1 but none further, sadly.
    They probably should have paid more but I have a tendency to go beyond what the client is expecting which is great for them and for my reputation and all but bad for me when quoting a job and time consumption.

Thank you Leso.
    Yeah, when I saw 'orgy room' on the diagram the client sent, I was thinking...how am I supposed to show that?
    My original thoughts were much worse than what I drew.
    I am sending the client an email to ask again about a release date. When I asked last they did not have a solid date for release.
    I'll get back to you with a date and link when I have one from them.

Thank you Wired.

Bogie - yeah, it was a bit complicated which was why I did those overlays to make sure I had it all straight in my head and lined up properly.
    I still think there should be a portal or some other entry/exit, especially with all those slaves living there.
    OSHA would never allow that as a place of work.

Thank you Sap.

Thnks Ernie. It would be hard for me to stop. I enjoy it too much.

Thank you snodsy.
    You hit on most of the things that I was happy with myself.
    Now imagine a unicorn crossing those spindly bridges....

Thanks you TK.
    You get to see a lot more than maps over on DA, though lately it has been a lot of maps too.
    I always liked Smith. He added so much to the trilogy.

Thank you Ilanthar.
    The client sent me these rough sketches of layouts with the rooms named and I saw 'love room' and 'orgy room' and I thought - oh, I wonder what they are expecting me to draw there. Now, I have had friends that were performers and practitioners in the fetish/bdsm scene so there's plenty in my mind I could have drawn.
    But I thought I will make this tame and if they want it to go further they can tell me. No need to make it unfit for kids. It could have been much more... graphic.
    But that's funny because I made sure to put the washrooms nearby since I knew it would get messy.

Thank you Meshon.
    I really did laugh when I read that. Yes, I work half days too.
    A few days there I was getting up, working and then realizing it was time to go to bed. And then I realized that I hadn't eaten anything.
    Days like that kill my hands.

Thanks Sharidine.

Thank you Max.

Ok, enough typing for now.

edit - apparently you can only use 10 emoticons per message.
    I had to cut out all the thank you smileys. sorry folks. No smileys. [I would add a frown face here but then I'd go over the limit again. Doh.]

Yup, pretty much amazing work. Congrats on the commission too btw.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123