Thread: Hello guys!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected ErnieTheMighty's Avatar

Default Hello guys!

Hey! I've been lurking around here for many years now and always loved cartography - been drawing maps ever since I was very very little.

Anyways, I'm currently a freelance artist, sometimes going by Laughe, sometimes by ErnieTheMighty. I haven't been drawing all my life and I kind of regret that, so right now I'm still at the beginner's stage. Anyway, I love Pathfinder and hoping to learn to make some pretty maps for it.

I've been doing quite a lot of world maps, but my focus of what I want to learn right now are town/city maps. In my entire life, I've digitally drawn only two maps. One in 2013 and one just a few days ago. You can compare the progress here: http://erniethemighty.deviantart.com.../44763462/Maps

Apart from that, I'm also a game designer and game artist. I've been into gamedev since I was 11, when my mom bought me my first gamedev book(for non-programmers). Anyway, hello.
    Freelance Game Artist & Game Designer
    DeviantART | Steam | Tumblr

Welcome to the Guild Ernie. The more you practice the better you will get.

Banned User

Hello ErnieTheMighty, Welcome to the Guild!

There is a great tutorial in the sticky section of Tutorials, called Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping: http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=4276

After that, there are lots of good tutorials on all kinds of cartography, including city maps, in the Tutorials section. I'll look forward to seeing some cool cities from you