Thread: Maps for historical RPG game

Map Maps for historical RPG game

Hi there
    We here at Logic Artists are in need of a set of maps (3 at this point), for an upcoming historical/tactical RPG, which is set during the European Iron age (ca. 800 A.D.).
    More specifically we need maps of:

• England (including Scotland)
    • Scandinavia
    • 'World' map including both of the above, as well as the bodies of water between them.

The style can be either:

• 'Realistic',or
    • 'Embroidered' style inspired by the Bayeux tapestry

No matter the style, since this is a historically based game, the maps obviosuly have to follow real world geography rather closely.

The maps are intended for screen use in-game, and not for print.
    Size probably 4096x4096 px each.

Deadline: no set date atm but first map must be delivered no later than a month from now, and final delivery no later than 2 months from now.

Should you be interested, please contact me at: jobs(at)logicartists.com (remember to attach portfolio or link to website), and we will discuss the project further.

Regards,
    August Hansen
    Art director, Logic Artists.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Hi, I'm very interested in historical maps. I have one on the cartographers Guild of England in 1086 showing the different coastline as it was back then and extensive marshes and forests that no longer existThe iron Age in England ended at the time of the Roman conquest in 43AD so the time you speak of 800AD is regarded as the Dark Ages. At this period there were 7 Anglo Saxon Kingdoms. There was no Scotland. What we today call Scotland was divided between the Picts, Scotti, Britons of Strathclyde and a few others. The Vikings were only just becoming active in the British isles and I imagine that this is what your game is about. Northern Europe starting with the dawn of the Viking Age.

However my maps are hand drawn so not sure if that is what you are looking for. Most people here do digital artwork. My maps are jpeg scans of the original. I can do my style of map with a bayaux tapestry inspred border... but it wont look embroidered (ie, no stitches). If you are interested, what size in inches/cm are you looking at and how much are you looking at pricewise?

Cheerio and if I don't hear from you, good luck with your game. Hope to see it on boardgamegeek. Im sure to enjoy a game like that.

My email is KonrawCartography@yahoo.com
    Last edited by - Max -; 10-10-2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: merging double posts
    Commissions undertaken

We have found a cartographer for the project, so consider this commission closed.

Regards.