Howdy, folks. Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I looked through the Tutorial forum, Info forum, and the General category forums as well as performing a search on "convert pdf jpeg", but no luck.

Basically, I'm going to be running the Paizo Curse of the Crimson Throne D&D adventure. I am a Charter subscriber so I have the PDFs of the adventures, but I'm having a problem converting some of the maps into images for use in MapTool.

For example, there is a page in the Player's Guide that has a map of a city, Korvosa, with text on top labeling the various areas of the map. I want to snapshot that page in high-enough resolution to be able to read the labels when I zoom up.

Here are the things I've tried so far using Adobe Acrobat Professional 6.0 (yeah, it's old) and why they didn't work:

Snapshot tool only copies to the clipboard what is visible on the screen. So I get either the whole map or readable labels, but not both.

Select Image will select the background map but none of the labels. If I can't find a better solution, I'll use this technique and hand-type (ugh) all of the map labels. In addition, I'll need to add the city name to the legend in the bottom right corner, amongst other things.

Save As... will let me generate a JPEG 2000 (lossless), but the application chooses the dpi and its too low to look good when zoomed.

I have not tried "printing" the page to a printer that generates images. I have also not tried ImageMagick to convert the pdf to a bunch of images, one per page. I have split the 20-page PDF into individual pages and I'm playing around right now...

Thanks for any help!