Thread: Greetings

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Greetings

Hello, everyone.

Recently I've gotten back into making maps. When I was younger, I used to make up maps all the time for no particular purpose, really, except that it was fun. (I would guess that I'm not the only person here who did the same, heh.) But yes, now that I'm older, wiser, and have much greater access to technology, I decided to scan the map and play with it in GIMP. It turned out better than I'd hoped, but I still thought there was a lot more I could do (specifically I was looking for ways to add random noise to the coastline.) So then Internet happened and I stumbled upon this place!

And here's where I say that I'm truly impressed by you all (well, to be fair I haven't seen all of the maps on here, but you get the idea). I can only hope that my skills some day match yours.

Currently I'm (slowly) developing the below map for use in some sort of fantasy/steampunk sort of setting, although I suppose that really has no bearing whatsoever on the map itself.

Anyway, I look forward to possibly posting here more than once, although I do have a strong tendency to lurk so you may just as well never hear from me again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	110.5 KB 
ID:	7206