Thread: Falcon's Hollow maps not included with Hollow's Last Hope

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Wip Falcon's Hollow maps not included with Hollow's Last Hope

After a stint of re-learning what it's like to have a newborn again, I've finally had sometime to map out a few things. I'm running Hollow's Last Hope for my little cousins and some first time players via a VTT. There are several maps that don't exist in the module so I decided to make them. Though they are pretty rough I needed to bang them out quickly and get everything into the software before thanksgiving. Thoughts and comments on how to make them better welcome as always as well as a big thanks to the community for providing the accessories and great things to populate the map.

First up is Roots and Remedies
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roots and Remedies.jpg 
Views:	570 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	77103

The Eldest Tree

Name:	Eldest Tree.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	77104

and Ulizmila’s Hut (roof on and roof off)

Name:	Hag's Hut Roof on.jpg 
Views:	341 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	77105 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hag's Hut Roof Off.jpg 
Views:	499 
Size:	2.21 MB 
ID:	77106

I'm also working on the last map of the module as well but don't like how it's coming out. I'm thinking I might trash it and start from scratch again.

Name:	Dorskar's Crucible.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	864.5 KB 
ID:	77107

The first four are awesome, you did a really good work!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Thanks, I really hate the bottom one and am going to need to re thing the whole dammed thing before this weekend.

This is a bit of a late reply but in regards to Droskar's Crucible, reducing the repetition in your textures will make it look a lot better. Use larger texture files especially for the grasses and rocks. Try to get it to a point where you don't see any repetition. As for the inside of the building, I would suggest using a stone tile texture where each tile represents a 5' square. This way you don't have to add grid line if you use it for a battle map and it will be easier on the eyes. If you want to add more, you can always toss in a bit more detail to the map, objects in the rooms, lighting, etc.

The first four maps looks great; I especially am fond of the Roots and Remedies map.

Great work on these Nathan! Brings back fond memories; I ran a campaign in Darkmoon Vale years ago, and Falcon's Hollow was its starting point.