16 61.54%
  • The Turtle Sea, by waldronate

1 3.85%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** October 2015 Challenge VOTING ***

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Default *** October 2015 Challenge VOTING ***

It's that time again... time to vote in our monthly Challenge! The winner will reap the rewards - namely a shiny golden compass and the adulation of his or her peers.

Your October contestants:

Thumbnail Pics

Voting will last for three days, and the next challenge will start directly after that. (I think you're gonna like it...)

Also, please don't forget to rep the entries you feel deserve it - hard work deserves acknowledgement, right?
    Last edited by Diamond; 11-01-2015 at 02:12 PM.

Hi guys,
    My vote and reasoning beyond the vote:
    Well, it’s difficult to compete against a Sapiento’s map , unless you’re Sapiento himself. The source map was a great one, this competition map is not less great. I like everything in “The Inner Sea”: mountains, forests and city icons are in full Sapiento style; the mountains are different from any other Sapiento’s map (a nice and well executed experiment), but the hand of the artist is still recognizable; decorations and eye candies are fantastic (the fish in the center! It’s also a voluntary break in the colour palette, a bold but successful move); even the colour palette, that was bothering me at first, staring and staring again at the map, I finally found it appealing.
    So, my only vote earned for manifest superiority. (until now: in the next few decades I will catch you!)

The other maps are all good in a way or another: Francissimo’s masterful use of textures and gis software , Chick’s neat and elegant island in the sea, Waldronate cool turtle; these are great jobs. Congrats to everyone.

And a thank you, as always, for everyone who supported, gave suggestions, voted and repped me.

Just a note: I'll be at work when the Challenge ends tomorrow morning, so I won't be able to send the winner's award out until tomorrow night.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

If ever I have a chance to catch it (since I'll open the next challenge), I'll send the winner the golden medal for you

That would be great, Max. I was home sick today and I KNOW I'll be at work late late late tomorrow catching up, so cheers and much appreciated.

These are all really great and because there are so few of them I will limit myself to a single vote. Which is hard on me because I like each for different reasons.

I went with the map that I just couldn't take my eyes off. Every time I looked at these I just had to click it again so nice job Francissimo.

Saps is really excellent as well and worth the vote just because it's entirely hand done.

Chicks is really nice looking as well and looks old fashioned. The dashes throughout the sea make it a bit hard for my eyes to focus on the land is the only thing I would have said if I'd been looking in here earlier.

Fabio, this is very pretty. I think the Sea could use a bit more character but this is a very nice map.

And when it comes to Waldonrate I love this one if for no other reason than I can't get this out of my head: Turtle club
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Congrats Sapiento! Excellent!

Great Job everyone!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

COngrats on the win Sapiento, the golden compass is on its way

Congrats for you win Sapiento! And thanks to the other players for those beautifull maps and to those who rep my map
    Last edited by Francissimo; 11-04-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Congrats Sapiento, a well deserved one, and once again great maps from all of you who participated.
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast