46. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

41 89.13%
  • no

5 10.87%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Design a map for print

Post Coming to fruition.

Looks like this Challenge idea is coming to fruition, after some more approvals it may be going next month.

I've changed some of the parameters to make it easier on everyone. It is still for a 24" x 36" map, however the minimum resolution requirement now is 100 ppi (but will accept up to 300 ppi, for those who can do this...)

So a 2400 x 3600 pixel map is not as taxing to your PC to make your map entry. If your comp can handle a file this size at higher resolution, go for it, just don't feel you have to create 300 ppi and drop a couple more RAM chips just so you can do it.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

No other restrictions? Anything goes as long as it fits the format?
    This could be sweet, with me unemployed having lots of free time.
    Start prepping a box for sweden!

Post I am sure there will be other restriction...

I am sure there will be other restrictions - I haven't the authority to make them, as I am not a community leader or admin, the true decision makers here. In fact, last month's War map was supposed to be the Printed map contest, however, Arcana needed to make certain changes to uploading parts of the forum to enable this, yet was out of town on business, so we couldn't do it for last month.

I am sure there will be some kind of theme yet to be determined. So yeah, there will probably be a few more restrictions, so don't go hog-wild yet.

And Hoel, nice to know you're from Sweden, didn't know that. Anna, another member is a master cartographer with her Greyhawk map series. She's from Sweden as well.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234