Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from Germany

Besides creating maps, I'm also drawing pictures of characters for my games. I know that this board is aimed at mapping, but maybe you're interested in stuff like this as well:

As you can see, this is drawn by hand and hasn't been reworked with digital tools. I might do this in the future...
    This is only a section of the original drawing. The original is in A3, but I only own an A4 scanner. I even messed up the scan, as you can see...
    The drawing shows a mummy-lord, that was one of the main villains in a recent campaign.
    I really enjoyed drawing it.

I'll definitly rework some of my drawings when I'm more proficient using the GIMP. As you can see in this thread, I'm thinking about buying a graphic tablet to take my scribbling to a new level.

Guild Journeyer

People in the worldbuilding forum seem to be going mad for character illustrations atm (here). So looking at the quality of your work, I could see you being very popular too.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That is a fantastic piece of work Absinth!

Would love to see your take on some of the people, places, etc. in the CWBP too.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I personally like character portraits and think they are good for GMs and the site in general. Your mummy lord is excellent art and might inspire people to make a map of a crypt too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    That is a fantastic piece of work Absinth!
    Would love to see your take on some of the people, places, etc. in the CWBP too.
    Thank you! I'll take a look, but I can't promise anything yet! I don't have that much spare time due to job and family and I'm using most of my time to prepare my games and add to my homebrew's Wiki. But I surely want to participate in next month's map-challenge! Maybe it's a theme that'll fit the CWBP project; then I'd be happy to contribute to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkaen View Post
    People in the worldbuilding forum seem to be going mad for character illustrations atm (here). So looking at the quality of your work, I could see you being very popular too.
    Thank you as well, Jkaen! I won't register in yet another forum, because I don't think I'll be able to add much to it. But feel free to link to my post. They can use my drawings for PC portraits if they like. It would be nice if they'd add something like "by Absinth" if they post it somewhere.

I added an album with drawings to my profile page for anyone interested. I hope it's okay, because it's not related to mapping. If this interferes with board rules or other guidelines for this site, please drop me a note and I'll delete it.

Yeah, I loves the pictures! Keep them coming!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Guild Journeyer

Thank you as well, Jkaen! I won't register in yet another forum, because I don't think I'll be able to add much to it. But feel free to link to my post. They can use my drawings for PC portraits if they like. It would be nice if they'd add something like "by Absinth" if they post it somewhere.
    By the worldbuilding forum I meant the CWBP (I have often found it confusing the 'folders' in a forum being called forums)

Ahh, now I get it. I thought you meant the Campaign Building Guild which this site links to on top of each page.

Quote Originally Posted by Absinth View Post
    Ahh, now I get it. I thought you meant the Campaign Building Guild which this site links to on top of each page.
    Nope-

The reference is to the "Cooperative World Building Project" which is a sub-forum of this site.

The forum is here: http://www.cartographersguild.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

And the Wiki where the information is managed on the world is here: http://cwbp.cartographersguild.com/i...itle=Main_Page

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Personally, I love the art and illustration side of things since I got my start on drawing cars and comix. I'd like to see a subforum here for such things, maybe something like non-map art, or general art, or something, and we can all dump a bunch of stuff into that forum to help inspire stories or to just decorate maps. I know that I've got a bunch of junk laying around somewhere (where ever it is that I put my portfolio) that I could scan in and post up. At any rate, excellent mummy, dude! Or is it "mummy dude", dude? Bah, I'm rambling again...nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast