• Yes

10 50.00%
  • No

10 50.00%

Thread: A scene from a life ....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post A scene from a life ....

I've attached a story, only a couple of pages long. There are several locations in the story. The challenge would be to pick one and map it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails End Of Days.pdf  
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Interesting idea.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Not a popular idea I see, I think mine is the only idea in negative net votes.
    Okay, I promise not to write any more stories for the Guild.
    Google Groups for FGII Games:
    European FG2 RPG - Fridays & Sundays (8pm UK time)
    Using Ultimate FGII and can accept unlicensed player connections on some of the games

Guild Journeyer

Its an interesting idea and an ok story, I just don't feel inspired by it at all.

the only place that interested me as far as mapping was the mists of the otherlands
    Something witty and pithy

Blog Entries

I havent voted and I am ambivalent about it. I think it would be better if you chose to describe one scene and told to make a map of it.

I had a similar thought to map an inn described in a popular book. Although some famous artists have already drawn and painted it I thought it would be a good idea to open it up for a challenge. The problem is that its not an easy inn to map as its known to be rounded.

It would be interesting to know why people didnt think mapping a description was a good idea as this is usually the norm for a GM with a module.

Post Its not the idea, its the story...

I think the basic idea of this challenge suggestion is a good one, and as RR said, this the process one goes when trying to create a map for a story and adventure created by someone else.

I think its the lackluster story presented that killed the idea, not the idea itself. Perhaps we can find one of the pro writers on this site to present us with a quality story that would inspire a map.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Blog Entries

How about a popular book then ? I was thinking of Solace / The Inn of the Last Hope from the DragonLance set but any really popular book that most fantasy nuts would probably have read would do. A tolkien one like Bree would also be suitable. You can quote small bits of text using the fair use doctrine providing we dont do whole sections of the book that would have any impact on the sales of it.

It seems to me a good theme

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I think its a great idea... but concur with GP and RR about either getting something either familiar to most folks or have writer detail a specific scene/area....