Thread: Iso Map Elements Pack (B&W with Alpha)

Default Iso Map Elements Pack (B&W with Alpha)

Hello All,

I am looking to commission someone to create a rather large fantasy terrain resource pack. I'm looking for it to include the following:
    - 4 dozen typical mountains
    - 2 dozen rolling hills
    - 2 dozen really-evil-and-harsh-looking mountains
    - 1 dozen snow-capped moutains
    - 2 dozen conifer trees
    - 2 dozen deciduous trees
    - 2 dozen dead trees
    - 1 dozen cacti
    - 1 dozen jungle / palm trees
    - 1 dozen icebergs
    - 1 dozen volcanoes
    - 3 dozen steppe-style mountains, buttes, and rock arches (like you find in the iconic grand canyone area of south-west of the USA)
    - 1 dozen canyons
    - 1 dozen mountainous ridges (cliffs and the like)
    - Several city icons of varying styles and "sizes" (indicating importance on a map)
    - anything else that your heart is content with that my soft cap will buy.

I'm looking for each of these to be stand-alone. I'm not really looking for clusters of trees, but rather single trees or mountains, etc. I realize that there are already packs out there, but I am looking for a single person to author this pack for the sake of consistent style.

I do have a rough idea on what kind of art style I'd like to see, which is in the below example (courtesy of Robin Kuprella of Fantasy-Cartography.net). The important technical need here is that the elements are filled with white, with black line-art and that the background is transparent. I've used Magenta in the below example for clarity.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	example.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	77404

I'm looking for these pieces to stand up at fairly high resolution, so I'm looking for the mountains to be roughly 400 pixels large but still sharp-edged, and so on.

I am flexible on pricing, and would be paying via paypal. As far as ownership - and this is the important part: I request that the artist release the finished pack to the public after payment. (Yes, I'm paying an artist to develop an extensive pack that will be free to the public).

If anyone is interested and would like discuss further - including firm pricing, please PM me or email me at rob (at) robinomicon (dot) com OR furyofaseraph (at) gmail (dot) com
    Last edited by Furyofaseraph; 11-14-2015 at 09:34 PM.

Worth noting, because it deserves more attention than a mere edit: It has been indicated to me that my initial budget may be far too low. I have removed my cost limits and I am more than willing to discuss pricing with any artists who are interesting in taking this on.

Guild Novice

That's actually exceptionally kind of you.
    This is the thing that puts me in a good mood, seeing somebody willing to do this.
    Whoever you are, thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk