Thread: "Blender Underground" - Video Tutorials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post "Blender Underground" - Video Tutorials

After RedRobes' Blender excursion I recently came across this site for Blender Video tutorials:

Blender Underground

I admit I have not watched them, as I don't use Blender, but possibly someone who does could comment.

-Rob A>

Blog Entries

Thanks Rob, ill look over these on my machine with working sound... Now that I am moderately familar with all of the basics this should help verify what I have been trying or open up new possibilities. I find that looking at any tutorials when I know nothing can feel daunting.

Little update, I also found what appears to be a free blender course here:
    http://gryllus.net/Blender/3D.html

General:
    The Blender 3D Design course is intended to offer students an introduction to the world of computer generated 3-D modeling and animation. As an introductory course, it provides a basic understanding of the skills and techniques employed by 3-D designers in a wide range of applications. In this online course we will explore basic mesh modeling, applying textures and materials to 3-D objects, lighting, animation and rendering. This course should provide a good basis for further independent study in architectural, engineering and theatrical modeling and game design.

Dual Level:
    There are 2 progressive levels of study in this online course: Beginning Level and Intermediate Level. Learning Units 1 through 12 comprise the Beginning Level Course and Learning Units 13 through 24 comprise the Intermediate Level Course (Note: The Intermediate level Course is currently under development.)

Online and Self-Paced:

This course is offered to students online. That is, all of the course material is located on this web site or on other web sites. This course is self-paced meaning that you can pick and choose the Learning Units, Video Tutorials or PDF tutorials as you see fit. The sequence of Learning Units are a suggested path of learning Blender but you are welcome to use this material in any way that suits your purposes.
    Hope someone can comment on the quality of the material if they use it!

-Rob A>