Thread: Mediterranean Europe - Map Commission

Default Mediterranean Europe - Map Commission

My latest map commission, Mediterranean Europe and North Africa in the classical era. This will appear as the base map for a future board game from Xiphos Game Studios, with the client adding text and all the accompanying bits later. Let me know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classical Med Final-1 (Lo-res).jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	77548
    ©Zach Bodenner 2015

Guild Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    My latest map commission, Mediterranean Europe and North Africa in the classical era. This will appear as the base map for a future board game from Xiphos Game Studios, with the client adding text and all the accompanying bits later. Let me know what you think!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Classical Med Final-1 (Lo-res).jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	77548
    ©Zach Bodenner 2015
    Great topographic map. But this being the classical era, i'd say the totality of the Black Sea, or at least Trebizond, being visible would be a plus. But that depends on the commission.
    Last edited by MartinMånsson; 11-21-2015 at 08:24 PM.

I would probably also agree, but made the map based on the view extent the client was looking for.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Looks pretty good - the topography stands out well but isn't so overpowering that it'll mess with the labels. Nice!

It looks really good, topography is excellent. I just think the background pattern looks a bit repetitive, but maybe that is the plant due to some aspect of the game?
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

No, actually that's a problem I struggled with the whole time, trying to keep it looking as unrepetitive as possible before deciding that it was as good as I could get it in its current state. I'm open to suggestions on how to cut down on repetitive tiles when using photoshop patterns!