Thread: Laleri, God of Waters

Map Laleri, God of Waters

It's been a while since I last posted a map; I've been way too distracted of late.

I recently went back to school to pursue a degree in visual effects. One of my first elementary classes is, of course, drawing. The attached map came from an exercise in that class. The assignment was to pour tea or coffee onto the page, then draw whatever we saw. Naturally, I saw a map. I did try to expand my horizons a bit, which gave me the pig-hippo creature and the man wearing a funny hat. I couldn't do anything else with the rest of the stains, though, so I gave in and made the map. Then I decided that the face was a sea god and turned the pig-hippo into a cartouche to hold my legend.

This is my first attempt at a hand-drawn map in a very long time. I'm rather pleased with the results, although the style is derivative of both Pete Fenlon and John Speed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laleri.png 
Views:	135 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	7250  
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Very creative. Next thing you know, we'll all be using tea or coffee to generate our random coastlines!

Quote Originally Posted by StillCypher View Post
    Very creative. Next thing you know, we'll all be using tea or coffee to generate our random coastlines!
    And we'll be seeing a lot of craters...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	coffees-stains-istock_000003974781xsmall.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	7300

-Rob A>

LOL! While it's possible to see a lot of craters, I believe the assignment was "pour," not "stamp with messy mug"!
    -÷-÷-÷-÷-÷-÷
    “It is not down in any map; true places never are.” (Herman Melville)

“A good map is both a useful tool and a magic carpet to far away places." (unknown)

Grin. I'm seeing something more like a cosmological chart there, Rob.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name