Hi guys, I'm Zolden, indie game developer, and my current game requires a nice looking fantasy themed map.

How should it look?

Some commonly looking map - hills and mountains, plains and forests, lakes and rivers, maybe some ocean at border. Maybe some elements or style features, that would make it look more like a fantasy world, rather than a real world map.

How could I compensate?

If the game will be successful, I'll pay. So, not immediately, and without guarantees. But the game has some chances to be successful. It is a remake of my game that I created in starcraft 2 battlenet, where it is pretty popular, hundreds players playing it daily, and I've seen players with 2500 games played, while one game lasts for about an hour. So, it's a pretty fun an addictive game. If you have StarCraft 2 installed, you can check it out in the "arcade" part of battlenet, its name is "Mines and Magic". Or you can search for it on youtube, there's lots of gameplay videos. So, the mobile version has to get some nice attention. And the chances to get compensation are substantial.

What about shape and style?

The map has to contain about 30 areas, just borders of the separate regions. The architecture of those regions is a matter of gameplay, because if a player captures a region, he will have access to the neighboring ones, so I'd like to create them first, so the map creator would use them as a skeleton for his map. Just a rough illustration of the idea:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FtXGNou.png 
Views:	20 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	77599

When will the game be finished?

In about 3-5 months. I'm working on the game for six months so far. The "level" part, where the player fights monsters, is completed, it was the biggest part. And the "world" part will take 1-2 months to be completed, then the beta testing stage will happen, which may take 2-3 more months.

This is a video I recorded to showcase gameplay, so there you can see how the "level" part works:

How will the map be used in the game?

Players will see the world as the map. The regions will be clickable, so players will be able to manage the resources of the regions, also pick the region to attack next. And this mechanics would require a little feature: alpha layer of the map file should contain the regions colored in different shades of gray, so the game could see which region is clicked.

Would I need something else besides the map itself?

Yes, I'd also like to get a few icons in the map's visual style of the resources, mines, and some bonuses, that the regions will contain, to dynamically place those icons above the regions.

What I'd like the map makers who are interested to do right now?

I'd like you guys to post links to your previous works, to see the style you prefer.

Also, ask if you have questions.