Thread: Zweimühlen: Spielball der Kriegsfürsten / Warlords Plaything [ City Map ]

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Default Zweimühlen: Spielball der Kriegsfürsten / Warlords Plaything [ City Map ]

So, hi! First Post and first thread here.
    I've been doing some maps and stuff in photoshop for my RPG Games for quite some time now, and have just finished my latest + largest project. Sadly, appearently, it's too large to upload here in Full

Zweimühlen is a small City of about 800 Inhabitants, with a total of 5.000 living in the surrounding region spread over an area of approx. 63 square Kilometers, and focalpoint of the next Campaign I'm going to narrate. Attached is an image of the city proper, but linked is the deviant art page with the full map, wich is about 11thousand by 11thousand pixels, and some 44mb's - I got an error telling me it was too large to attach here sadly

critique and comments most welcome!

LG

Teferi

http://thomads3890.deviantart.com/ar...feri-574225245

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zweimühlen, Spielball der Kriegsfürsten.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	2.16 MB 
ID:	77607

Hey Teferi, welcome to the Guild.
    Yep, 44mb is quite a bit too big, sadly. I think the limit is 9mb or something right now.
    But doing the crop and linking to your DA account works just fine.
    That really is a huge piece. Very nice work. Some of the roof colors are a bit harsh for me but it's all done quite well and looks good, aside from the roof colors.
    The paving looks nice as do the trees. And a wonderful variety of fields.
    Really nice work.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Hey! Thanks for the warm welcome
    Those harsh colours and contrasts are a product in part of my preference, and in part of my disability ( I struggle perceiving reds and greens and inbetweens properly ), so I am forced to work with harsh contrasts and "flashy" styles - as otherwise everything becomes muddled in my perception

Glad you like it
    I also learned alot doing this map, wich I will be applying when I get to do even more of the surrounding areas - I plan on doing at least the 63km² of the surrounding area immediately belonging to the city

Wow, that will be impressive.
    Well, that would make sense regarding the colors.
    And you're quite welcome.
    Hope you find much to enjoy here at the Guild.

Yes this is a nice looking map and I do like the high cotrast style.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.