Thread: Looking for multiple high-realism fictional planet textures (diffuse & height)

Map Looking for multiple high-realism fictional planet textures (diffuse & height)

I am working on an app that requires several high-realism textures for fictional planets. I need at least 2-3, but potentially many more (say, up to 10-15).

I'm hoping to hire one or more artists on a per-planet basis, with the overarching goal of creating a set of planets that are distinct, iconic, and memorable.

The details are as follows:

• One surface diffuse texture, similar to this.
    • One corresponding height map, in grayscale, similar to this.
    • Some planets will require a cloud map, ranging from the subtle to the intricate. Others will require only diffuse and height maps.
    • High-res dimensions, at least 2000x1000 for each layer.
    • No life or oceans, just the base surface rock. However, the height map should allow for interesting coastlines at various sea levels (such as that of Mars).
    • Interesting and memorable surface details (iconic mountains or craters, notable canyons, unusual rock colors, etc) to differentiate between planets. Ideally, most planets would have elegant, recognizable features like Mars, and only a few (but definitely a few) would be chaotic like Venus.
    • Substantial creative freedom for artist. Planets will have basic descriptions like "mountainous, many craters, with sharp elevation changes and a swirl of purple tones" or "mostly smooth surface, but dominated by an enormous fissure/canyon in the southern hemisphere". Details will be up to the artist.

If you're interested, please reply below or email me (awinn -at- alexanderwinn -dot- com) with any similar previous work, and what you would charge per-planet. (If different, be sure to differentiate between planets with and without the cloud map.)

I look forward to hearing from you!

-Alexander Winn
    Nerrolken

Has this been taken? If so I'll go ahead and archive the thread.