Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aldebarand Map (for a pathfinder campaign)

I agree with everyone else - wonderful map, great palette and layout. I like how the pentagon shaped centre of the city fits in well with the rest of it.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    I agree with everyone else - wonderful map, great palette and layout. I like how the pentagon shaped centre of the city fits in well with the rest of it.
    YES. Totally. I missed that but Larb is right. Really well integrated.

Beautiful map! I love the colour palette, the layout with the regional map and the way you did the surrounding lands.
    Just two small critics : I'm not fond of the river passing underneath the key and the lake is not as convincing as the rest imho.

Guild Novice

Ohhhh thanks everybody, your comments are really encouraging

I wish to say that I'm not the only creator of the map, my husband gave me the structural elements to start with (the pentagon with the eye, big tower in the center, big tree in triangular square, three square buildings creating a triangular plaza etc.), I wanted to add more realism to his sketch, so that it'd look more like a normal city with a hint of magic in it.
    What I found most fascinating and amusing when working on this map was the "weaving" of the urban fabric, of all the town houses, roads that are not necessarily crucial elements of the storyline but give the general ambience and articulate the most important places between them ( ... sorry for the vocabulary, hope I'm expressing myself clearly...).

And yes I understand about the lake and the river, it was a last minute addition and since I hadn't included them from the start they may look a bit weird and not fully integrated...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12