Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carsus&Cathus: Two Worlds War

Wip Carsus&Cathus: Two Worlds War

I got to thinking (aka, I was bored, needed something to do) one night, and I suddenly had an idea for a map, which 10 minutes later I had a rough-sketch of on a piece of paper. So I dedicated yesterday and today to making the main graphix for it, and I hope you like them, but heres a quick summary of why they are at war:

The Carsians are a technologocally advanced species, and their planet is a tropic paradise, but their almost constant rains have had them working on creating a device to control the weather. The Cathians live underground, where it is also basically a paradise (beautiful underground waterfalls, gems along the walls, etc) but wish for a better place to live, as their underground tunnels (thousands-millions of years old) have started to collapse at different areas, and so many of them have started to fear for their lives, and want a new place to live. The Cathians prize possesions are a rare type of rainbow-colored jewel (gem, diamond, idk what exactly its called), called the Kytonian Jewel (pronounced like Kitoneun) that can be used as an everlasting powersource, and also has some other attributes (healing powers, it glows , uh... weather control (with the right devices) and many other things), making them very prized possessions to the Cathians. The Carsians discovered that they could control their weather if they had some Kytonians, and decided to take all of them from the Cathians and use the Cathians as slave labor to mine for more. At the same time, the Cathians decided that the Carsians homeworld of Carsus would be a suitable place to live. An ensuing war broke out in a couple of months, but it is unsure of who fired the first shot (although their is some rumor that an outside source may have tried to get this war started.).

Also, although the Carsians are more technologically advanced, the Cathians are slightly technologically advanced, and what they dont have in advanced weapons, they make up for in numbers.

So yea thats a kinda backstory for why these to worlds are at war. Hope its not to confusing, as this is the first time I have ever made a backstory to one of my maps. I guess Ill just go ahead and put the image up now

Oh and things to do:

1) Add a space fleet
    2) Add the title
    3) Remember what else there was I was gonna do.....

And without further delay (I hope.. ) Carsus (left) and Cathus (right):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cathus&Carsus.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	7382  
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Very interesting, looking forward to see this when its finished.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Very interesting, looking forward to see this when its finished.
    thanks

now of course, i have to make the space fleets, for which ill have to bring out blender and figure out how to use it....

so far I only know how to select sides, vertices, edges, and the entire box, and occasionally mess up the look of the box they give you, making it look like a box with a spike stuck through it....
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

That back story sounds very familiar... Yup, found it. Season 3 of Lexx, Fire and Water. Two planets at war with each other. Not exactly the same, but very close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx#Fire
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    That back story sounds very familiar... Yup, found it. Season 3 of Lexx, Fire and Water. Two planets at war with each other. Not exactly the same, but very close.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexx#Fire
    huh, ive actually never heard of that. I just came up with the story off the top of my head while typing.

Great minds think alike. There are several differences between the ideas obviously. I just wanted to toss it out there as possibly more inspiration and since it happens to be a scifi show as well, it works really well.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

That was a bit of a bizarre show!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

"A bit"? I would say that it was waaaay out there.

Wip

Lol that show sounds like something I might want to watch sometime

Oh well, after working very hard in Blender, I have gotten as far as making circles, squares, and adjusting lines Now I have to figure out how to make an actual ship, texture it, get it into GIMP, and make more, then make more types of ships. Oh well, at this rate Ill have a good fleet by the end of the century

If anybody knows of any tutorials for making spaceships in Blender, it would be greatly appreciated (or a free program thats purpose is making/modeling spaceships)

Alas, I have gotten 2 things done so far basically, taking less that 10 minutes to do both of them:

Added a lens flare
    Put in a title

Name:	Cathus&Carthus.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	7408  

wow, amazingly, i was able to speed up my creation of spaceships, and I now have the mother ships of both fleets more-or-less modeled, and i just need to texture them

heres a picture of what the cathus mothership is looking like right now, and afterwards is a picture of a carsus ship

Name:	cathusship.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	23.2 KB 
ID:	7418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ship.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	7419  
    Last edited by bryguy; 10-29-2008 at 12:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast