Thread: Looking for High Quality Cartographer for Large Mapmaking Project

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Krotor's Avatar

Help Looking for High Quality Cartographer for Large Mapmaking Project

EDIT: So I have recieved a good few offers thus far and right now I may have found what I was looking for. If it works out I'll be cancelling this post but right now I just wanted to post an update so if it doesn't work out this offer still stands.

Hey, my name is Carter and I am looking for a talented cartographer for a rather large project. Payment is entirely negotiable.

My friend and I are currently working on a worldbuilding project called Khaz, and I am looking to commission a talented cartographer to make the map(s) look good for us.
    I tried to make the map myself and it kinda works on a really lay practical level but it is nothing to look at.
    What I was hoping was that maybe someone could take what I have and use it as a reference to make a better map of Khaz.
    The borders, edges, and town placement don't have to be exact and the rivers I have are probably just nonsense scribbles that can be overall ignored, they're kinda just there to give a general idea of where the water is.

Honestly I want the artist to take some liberties on this to make it as good aesthetically as possible.
    The names of most of the locations actually mean something in the language of that region, anything in English is just a placeholder word until we get around to translating/making up the word for it and plotting it in that language's lexicon and we should be finished with that in a week or so.
    I'm nearly finished plotting out the city names on the map (just need to do Angrar) and a few (lot) of the landmarks but I'll post what I have right now so those interested can get an idea about the project:
    http://i.imgur.com/Ez09MZC.png
    http://i.imgur.com/TNOtd3o.png
    The colors mean nothing and are just there because I don't know what I'm doing, hopefully the new map won't look like a melted crayola factory like mine did.
    Of course all questions are encouraged.

Thanks a lot,
    Krotor
    Last edited by Krotor; 01-14-2016 at 11:32 PM.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hi Krotor. I am interested in the project and I sent to you a message a moment ago.

Hi Carter, I'd be interested in taking on your project. I sent you a PM.