Thread: Millennium Falcon

Default Millennium Falcon

Here's a map of the Millennium Falcon. I have been inspired by various pictures and some older maps but I have tried to make my own version.

The map is made in Adobe Illustrator from start to finish.
    All items, textures, graphic styles, brushes etc are drawn/made from scratch in Illustrator. From cables and toilet paper rolls to missiles and engines.

Everything is vectorized so it's possible to rxport the map from Illustrator to JPGs in any resolution (I have previously exported maps to about 20000 x 20000 pixels).

The map is made for the 2015 dec/Jan Lite Challange (where you can find the WIP-thread): http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?t=32552
    If you like the map, feel free to vote for it in the dec/jan Lite challange (and check out the other cool maps there).

Note 1: The sofa in the map is actually made as a brush in Illustrator...
    Note 2: I added a lid to the toilet (and emptied the sink) because someone commented that it'd be a mess then flying around in zero-G
    Note 3: The map itself was basically made in one day (about 14 hours) (a very basic scetch was done beforehand).

PS. If you do maps or other work in Illustrator it'd be nice to have some input, comments or links regarding workflow or tips.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	megaton_games_millennium_falcon_06.jpg 
Views:	779 
Size:	1.51 MB 
ID:	79163
    Last edited by Carnifex; 01-15-2016 at 05:12 AM.

Super cool and timing is right since everyone is fired up about Star Wars right now.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Super cool and timing is right since everyone is fired up about Star Wars right now.
    Thanks! It was super fun to make!

Yes, I think this looks really nice. I can't really comment on workflow or anything through as I rarely use illustrator and it only tends to be to make simple vector images (and I often cheat by using autotrace to do a lot of the work).
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.

A very cool map on a difficult subject!

I love how smooth all of the elements are in this piece. It's really a lovely map. Kudos on this!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Thank you for your kind comments! Really kind!

for the rebellion!

Where's the gun ports? Where Luke is sent to fire at Imperial vessels, while Han tries to get the ship into hyperdrive.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

It's number 3, isn't it? The ladder that goes up to the gun turret.
    My new Deviant-thing. I finally caved.