Thread: World map Circa 10,000BCE

Default World map Circa 10,000BCE

I am looking for a flat world map circa 10,000BCE. Of primary interest would be accurate topographical detail and attention to period detail. I would require a few modifications and separate maps magnifying specific areas. I will pay for these maps and own the copyrights. If any happened to be published I would certainly acknowledge the artist(s) in the credits. A non-disclosure agreement would also be required. Prefer unknown, emerging artists but would also consider a professional. Please contact me through PM or directly ravekhunter@gmail.com if interested in this commission. Thank you!

That's a tough one. It's not just a straight sealevel drop, but would also require river placement in the Sahara grasslands and nearby areas, correct determination of submerged delta regression, water levels in the middle of the Black Sea lowlands, and even correct placement of Atlantis. Which areas are to be detailed would also be interesting.

I am very curious about what "period detail" is in 10000BCE... I am not aware of any known maps from that period.

If you need inspiration:

Earthdawn takes place in a Conan-like setting, about 10.000 BC, in a region stretching from the Atlantic to India and from Scandinavia to north Africa. There are some geographic differences, like a more complex Volga basin (called the Serpent River) and the sea around the Crimean peninsular being a lava sea.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	theran.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	226.2 KB 
ID:	79499

The Earthdawn sourcebook "The Theran Empire" has this map in better quality.