Thread: Rising Moon Inn

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice

Map Rising Moon Inn

This is my completed (?) version of the Rising Moon Inn, the most frequented Inn in Highmoon.
    I am about to start DMing 'Keep on the Shadowfell' and the Forgotten Realms conversion suggests that you start in Highmoon, so naturally my group would need an Inn in battle-map format.

This was done using CC3/DD3 and lots of advice from guild members (thanks all).

Most of the map was done using the standard tools and I used the instruction booklet as a help guide.

Most of the problems I encountered were with working out how to move things between sheets and using drop/wall shadows took a fair amount of experimentation to get the effect I wanted.
    Comments and criticisms welcomed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	risingmoonGF2.png 
Views:	1195 
Size:	986.3 KB 
ID:	7412   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	risingmoonUF2.png 
Views:	560 
Size:	883.8 KB 
ID:	7413  
    Found in a computer dictionary..Recursive - see recursive...
    Software used - Campaign Cartographer 3, DD3 and CC3.

Guild Apprentice

It looks good for the most part, the only real criticism I have is that most of the objects are the same. I don't know if that's just a function of the resources available to you, but every table has the same stuff on it, every bed is exactly the same, etc. A little variation is a nice thing.

Of course, it may not be worth it to you to put that much detail into it. I guess it depends on how often you're going to use this map and how proud of it you want to be. All in all, I think it's pretty solid.