Thread: Fantasy map commission - 1 regional map

Post Fantasy map commission - 1 regional map [resolved]

EDIT: I have removed my contact information as an artist has been selected. Thank you to all who contacted me regarding the piece.

Hello,

I am looking to commission an artist to create a map of a region (part of a continent) in a fantasy world, based on previous work by myself. I am open to a variety of styles, so if you are interested please email me, including a link to your previous work.

Size: Roughly half a page divided horizontally, or one page in a book.
    Color: I am open to a variety of styles so it may not be necessary to color the map, but it will likely be preferred.
    Detail: I am looking for professional quality, something that wouldn't look out of place in a professional publication from Wizards of the Coast or a similar company.
    Purpose: The map is part of a personal roleplaying project that I hope to eventually sell, even if just on WotC new online self-publishing platform. It should be appropriate for both print and web use.
    Price: Because I have commissioned art for this project from professional artists before, I don't think I have unreasonable expectations. However, I have not commissioned a map before so am hesitant to provide a price myself as the amount of work involved may vary from that I typically pay for. As such, I would be grateful if any interested would provide a ballpark estimate given their previous work for my own experience, and of course an actual price can be negotiated once more details of the piece have been decided.
    Starting work: I can send you an image of the map or the GIMP file with the various layers I have created once we have been in contact.
    Deadline: Previous experience leads me to expect around one month. Earlier is of course fine, and a bit preferred, but this can be discussed.

Warm regards, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Phillip
    Last edited by Melisandur; 02-08-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

My maps might not be up to the quality you are looking for, but I'll shoot you an email with some more information about my work.
    NATE from Sellsword Maps
    Gamer -- Dungeon Master -- Cartographer -- Find me on YouTube at WASD20

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

I'm also interested in hearing more.
    I sent you an e-mail