Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Member location map.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just added myself...good thing you don't allow zoom, because my latlong values take you directly to my rooftop I believe. Can't wait to see where this goes.

I have the ability to add custom fields to profiles...would be pretty cool to add a lat and long field to profiles and have everyone fill that out and then do a map off a data dump of it.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

So I'm in there. But when you scroll over top my positition, it only shows "The" vice "The Cartographist."

Oh, BTW, first time visiting the Guild in a month and it was a month and a half before that. Real life and all...

Howdy, everyone.

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Good to see you again.

Very cool! So what happens to people who are in the same location - I can see Jkaen in London, but not The Cartographist?

torstan - Actually the red little block for Jkaen and mine are touching. Mine is just above his.

Yes, it does take a fine touch with a mouse to get me, or "The", whoever that guy is.

Please delete the Neon Handle somewhere in Northern China

Stoopid did not put the - sign in as well.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Done! Cool idea!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joão paulo View Post
    Hey steel you sank?
    Nope not quite yet

I think RR misread my post, I entered the longitude wrong, supposed to be
    -85.12 and I think I put in 85.12. I'm supposed to be in Indiana in the US not the Galapagos

@RedRobes: Sooo..if you coud give the fix another try RR I'd appreciate it.

I don't think it likes spaces in your 'handle' either.
    Last edited by Steel General; 10-29-2008 at 11:28 AM.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Neon I have fixed that and I have adjusted the script so that it should (hope hope) take and underscore and spaces for the handle now. I fixed 'The' to be TheCartographist too but somebody has put in a 'Map' in about Denver way, what was the full name before it cut it off ? I'll fix that too if required. Gotta just fix up these minor teething issues.

Edit -- And Steel got you in US now. Thought that was a bit odd
    Edit2 -- Map would be Map Vandal. Ill edit now.

Arcana and similarly paranoid dudes, you can put in just two or three digits and it will be fine the map markers are not as accurate as can be described with more. Or just zoom into the center of the closest town or whatever suits you. I wont post locations or verify them but I will be able to look at them in the file it generates and theres no reason it couldn't be hacked either what with this being the net. For the vast majority of people your IP address is available to any website you visit and it can be geo located also. Mine comes up in a town a mile or two away so its close enough in most cases that with a little cookie view and IP I could update the map with no user input at all. But I am not gonna do that. Sometimes I get pop ups with stuff like sexy girl in town-next-door wants to chat to you - just click here... etc and thats all that they are doing. Tis the nature of the net I am afraid.

Its only now that I can understand why Neon comes online later than some of us. I do find I am in the midst of thick and fast posting when its early hours here and get the majority of updates in the morning.

Edit3 -- Advantage of this way ? Probably none, its just we didn't have one and this way its kept in house so we can change the map or make other alterations if we want. I expect that we will have a majority of people in US and UK areas so I could do a second map of those places but bigger. Or link the dot to the members intro page or something like that.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 10-29-2008 at 11:59 AM.

Yeah, I usually Work Graveyards (So Midnight Pacific until 7 AM), but yep, I am pretty much the furthest 'West'.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast