Thread: Please help! looking for a world map for a D&D campaign with some friends

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Help Please help! looking for a world map for a D&D campaign with some friends

Hello Everyone! I am terrible at drawing maps and was hoping someone could help me out.

All I need is the geological map, I would be figuring out the locations of cities and things later, however, if you want to include city locations I wont complain.

Style

Considering I won't be able to pay I won't be too picky about the style.

Ideally I would love something like this
    http://www.deviantart.com/art/Valcia...-Map-117923496

But would also be fine with something similar to this
    https://mappingworlds.files.wordpres...xample-map.jpg

As long as it is easy for me to tell what everything is I will be extremely happy.

Quality & Size:

I would love a high resolution map but again, not picky, beggars can't be choosers . I would more than likely be using digital copies of the map for reference during sessions and prep, if anything would need to be printed it would be small portions relevant to the current events.

Time Constraints:

I am not in a big hurry but would love to have a map sooner rather than later. The game is not currently active as I am having problems coming up with ideas without a good picture of the world. Due to recent events I will more than likely be starting over with the D&D campaign so there is not anything that would be currently set in stone... especially since we only got 1 session in...

Copyright:

I am simply looking for a map that you are okay with me using, already planning on giving all credit where credit is due. If this is one you already made and are okay with me using that is fine, same with if you decide to draw a map from scratch.

Thank you to anyone and everyone that may be able to assist me with this!

Edit: Links were not working correctly

Hey Takore, since I can't email you or private message you i'll put it right here.
    I'll take a hand on this if you're fine with my experimenting on the style a bit, I always like helping people with their world.
    You can look at some of my threads on here or my deviant art here.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This looks like a fun project and is what seems like a great example of what people should ask for when asking for free work.

If you post any progress pics of this project, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Boucher View Post
    This looks like a fun project and is what seems like a great example of what people should ask for when asking for free work.

If you post any progress pics of this project, please let me know!
    I would be perfectly fine with you taking a stab at it! I love a lot of what you have posted, they look great.

Let me know if you have any questions, I don't have any info off hand but specific questions may rattle something loose.

And I believe this makes my 5th post, assuming comments on threads count, so you should now be able to PM me if you want.