Thread: Fantasy Blank Tile Map [Unpaid]

Default Fantasy Blank Tile Map [Unpaid]

[Subject]
    I was wondering if somebody could please help me with this? I can give you credit for the work, as it'll be for non-profit use. So the subject I'm looking for is a Warhammer esque styled map. I would like it to be a rather large world, as it'll be for free nonprofit use in a Roleplay forum on Nationstates. It'll be a medieval/Fantasy era land, with 4 to 5 continents on a Mars sized planet, but if that is too big a earth sized planet will be fine. I was really hoping someone could help me as I'm low on funds, I'd appreciate any help that someone can give. Down below I'll share an image of something I'm looking for in it's style.

[Style]
    The style for it, needs to be a tile type of map. So that I can use paint to color in provinces for geographic regions. Again, this is just an example of the style, however I'd like the ocean to be colored in blue, with the provinces themselves a blank white. The map I'm sharing, is colored in and not really what I want it to look like. However I hope you get the idea. I would make it myself if I knew how, however I don't know how borders work for making these maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Z7AHCFf.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	634.8 KB 
ID:	79780

[Quality & Size]
    I'd like the quality to be professional and or semi-professional. However I'm open to other skill levels depending on how it looks as I'm not particularly picky, I just ask it's good to decent quality. I'd prefer it to be used for an online input link, so that it's visible and large enough that people can see it when coming across it. I'll post a link below to show what I mean by that.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=435726

That's what I mean by being visible, for when I put in the link from IMGUR.

Time Constraints
    My only time constraints are that I'd like this done within a week or two. However I know people are busy and three weeks is fine with me as well.

The difficulty with this request is the provinces. How many do you want? How big should they be? Are there any connectivity constraints (e.g. no corner-only meetings)? Do you want artwork in the interior as background or just blank elements?

As a minor aside, Mars is a good bit smaller than Earth...

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    The difficulty with this request is the provinces. How many do you want? How big should they be? Are there any connectivity constraints (e.g. no corner-only meetings)? Do you want artwork in the interior as background or just blank elements?

As a minor aside, Mars is a good bit smaller than Earth...
    Ah okay, I thought Mars was larger, my mistake on not being knowledgeable on that aspect. In that case an earth sized planet or maybe slightly larger will be fine. The province number should be between 100-150 since there'll be two large continents I'd like at the most. About the size of Africa or Asia. However, if that's too much I think the province sizes can be made larger to cut down on the borders of the tiled provinces itself. so you could lower it to about 120-130 for medium-large sized provinces with a mix of smaller sized provinces themselves. However I don't need any artwork in the background I think that'd be too much to ask and I plan on filling out the provinces myself anyways. So think of it like the Paradox Interactive maps on political map mode when you're completely zoomed out. You can't see terrain only the colors and their provinces to click on. So a blank tiled map is completely fine and what I was going for. I'm not sure what connectivity constraints and corner-only meetings are, I'm new to this so please forgive me on my inexperience.

I haven't forgotten about you, I just haven't had the time to modify the piece of software that would do the hard parts. The areas are going to look a lot more like the hexagonal and pentagonal ocean regions clipped by rivers and coasts than they are the semi-rectangular areas near the coasts, but I think that I can make it work. Do you have a desired resolution (pixels wide and pixel high) for the image?

Here's an example of where I'm heading (it's not quite right on the cell boundaries and cells don't clip on rivers, but I think that I know how to fix both of those):

Name:	t2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	79949 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t1.jpg 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	79948

A connectivity constraint would be a limit on how cells can be joined. Some games allow for several cells to meet at a corner; other games make it a point to allow only two cells to meet at a corner.
    Last edited by waldronate; 02-07-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by waldronate View Post
    I haven't forgotten about you, I just haven't had the time to modify the piece of software that would do the hard parts. The areas are going to look a lot more like the hexagonal and pentagonal ocean regions clipped by rivers and coasts than they are the semi-rectangular areas near the coasts, but I think that I can make it work. Do you have a desired resolution (pixels wide and pixel high) for the image?

Here's an example of where I'm heading (it's not quite right on the cell boundaries and cells don't clip on rivers, but I think that I know how to fix both of those):

Name:	t2.jpg 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	79949 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t1.jpg 
Size:	113.6 KB 
ID:	79948

A connectivity constraint would be a limit on how cells can be joined. Some games allow for several cells to meet at a corner; other games make it a point to allow only two cells to meet at a corner.
    I'd like the pixels to be around, 4905 x 3000px

I like where it's headed so far, I think it looks really good with what you're doing at the moment. If you can't get the rivers to work, then I'd say that you don't really need to bother with those. I don't have a constraint on connectivity