Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Outside Wagon map

It's a very nice image so far. It'd be a shame not to finish it. One thing that helps me when I get stuck is looking to the work of others for inspiration. In regards to cliffs, here are some examples of cliffs that might prove useful to you: example 1; example 2; example 3.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Wip

So after some practice and inspiration, this is what I came up with! It's not perfect, but I hoping it works.

Let me know what you guys think. I am keeping this map very simple so hopefully it's pretty much done!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WagonMap3.png 
Views:	114 
Size:	8.25 MB 
ID:	79999

Nicely done. In my opinion, the structure of the cliff is good but the color not. If it's only soil, it would be less abrupt. Perhaps rocks or limestone ? Grey or yellow ?

Lovely work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Wip

Warlin - I completely agree with you. I'm hoping this is better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WagonMap4.png 
Views:	143 
Size:	9.12 MB 
ID:	80004

Also - Thank you Arsheesh! Your examples really inspired me, so appreciate it!

Very very nice map ! I love it. The brown cliffs seems better than the grey's.

Now we are tied for brown cliffs and grey. Any other opinions on the two cliffs so I can try to decide?

I think I have a slight preference for the brown, but how about adding some patches of grey to indicate solid rock, as well as some tufts of green grass here and there, or something along those lines. Just something to break up the colour a little.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Nice job so far, I think the cliffs look a little pillowy (word?) rounded, maybe some hard vertical lines down the cliffs to give them a more rock, solid feel - I've done just a quick sketch to show what I meant.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	attachment copy.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	482.9 KB 
ID:	80048

Thanks for the feedback, guys, and for being so kind to take a moment to show me an example, snod Let me play with it this weekend and I'll see what I come up with!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast