Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am also new!

Thanks for the welcome guys! I know my maps have a bit of a clear and light contrast, I think that's become part of my art style actually. Doesn't hurt to adjust your monitors anyway, amirite?

But yeah, I understand the complaints. I do hope to be a flash expert, but we'll see. I'm glad you like the "glyphs" I used, too. I had to find some icon for the nation's crests; and my only option was webbidings or whatever the font is called. I might color in the nations within it's counties, too as suggested.

Also, I'll see what I can do with tips in due time! At that note, I've added the ongoing wiki I've been working on for my setting in my signature. Feel free to browse on that and tell me what you think via a PM, IM or comment. I love chatting. Also, I would love to find more co-writers for the thing here. Because unlike other GM's my storytelling project, my Roleplay is not based on technical dynamics, dice or a DND system. Pure storytelling. All you need is some logic and a little literacy.

...and read the wiki, but that's obvious! Haha.

Cheers.

World of Sathis: my Cooperative Storytelling Project.

“It’s become apallingly clear that our Technology has surpassed our Humanity”

Jezelf, try looking at the Flash version. Right-click and choose Zoom In.

Because unlike other GM's my storytelling project, my Roleplay is not based on technical dynamics, dice or a DND system. Pure storytelling. All you need is some logic and a little literacy.
    If you'd like some inspiration, I was involved in a freeform game some time ago that blew away everything I'd been involved with previously and remains my standard for excellence: http://www.cityofveils.com/pbem

It was unfortunately very short-lived, but it was a marvelous game. I played Reidjai, if that interests you.
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 11-03-2008 at 11:08 AM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Nice to see I'm not the only one who isn't a huge fan of dynamics and technical readouts in my stories. It seems interesting from what I'm skimming, but I'll probably read more later. If you click the link in my signature, you can see Sathis is well on it's way to becoming started.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Rules, schmules. I use 'em as guidelines as I don't really feel like rolling dice all night for a battle that, in real life, would take 3 minutes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Rules, schmules. I use 'em as guidelines as I don't really feel like rolling dice all night for a battle that, in real life, would take 3 minutes.
    inorite?

very good
    is welcome here man!

Guild Member

Welcome! I've wanted to learn flash, but mainly for animation.. but I never really thought of using flash for Map making, but it gives me an idea.

I could never do it, b/c I dont know flash, but it would be cool to see an animation on like a world map flowing through time from creation til death and then into an apocalyptic looking world..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12