Thread: Hi There!

Guild Novice

Post Hi There!

Hi There!

I found this site about a month ago via a link from the Wilbur website. I joined right away, but am only now getting around to introducing myself.

The maps I make are specifically meant to map onto 3D planets, mostly for use in still images and animations for planetarium shows. I use Wilbur and GIMP for the maps, then Blender for 3D work, and then GIMP again if I'm working with still images.

So many of the maps you folks have made are absolutely breathtaking. What inspiration and food for the imagination!

While most of the mapping here is very different from what I make, I've already been able to incorporate some of the techniques into my own efforts.

That's really why I wanted to introduce myself. To say "Thanks!" for the inspiration and the sharing of techniques.

-waystar

Post Show us what you make?

Post a one of your maps if you will - I take it you create real planet terrains for use in planetarium shows. We're very much interested in how you go about doing that. Show some examples.

Welcome to the Guild!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild.

I have banished your BLUE PIP 'o' SHAME!

And yes, please post up some maps or images to wow us!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Blog Entries

3D Planets, Blender & Wilbur...

Cool !

Yes, lets see those maps and why not throw your hat into the ring with a planet or two as part of this months challenge.

Also, put your red pip on the board if you feel like it on the Member Location Map. (Dont forget -ve longditude for US/Illinois).

Guild Novice

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know about wowing anyone, but I will post as soon as I figure out the best way to do so. In the Gallery > Finished Maps section I suppose. I don't have them hosted online anywhere, so I can't do any linking and must therefore keep the images reasonably small.

EDIT: I've posted one that I had handy in the WIP Miscellaneous area. Didn't seem right to put something not really finished in the gallery area.

Thanks again!
    -waystar
    Last edited by waystar; 11-11-2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: update