Thread: Sea Battle Map(s)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Apprentice

Wip Sea Battle Map(s)

Okay, this is the first map I've got for a scenario, but it highlights mostly what I'm doing. The other maps will have two ships at rest (boarding each other, really), and the same ship in shallower water (which I'm planning to pretty much just lighten up the colors to accomplish).

I'm looking for feedback mostly on scale, the water texture, and the wake, but anything is welcome. I made the water myself using a lava render with a blue gradient, then a lava render with a green gradient, then layered them on top of each other with some opacity playthings. Got a little more texture to the water by bump mapping it with some directional light.

The ship I did not make, but got from rpgmapshare. I think it's a beautiful boat.

The wake was just some white airbrush on a layer sandwiched between the ship and the water that was then blurred.

I'm planning to crop the ship out of the excess water when it comes time to actually use it. This will be used with maptool, so I don't want to place a grid on it.

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this, so I put it here... if this is the wrong place, please let me know and/or move it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	oceanseclipse.png 
Views:	608 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	7490