Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BYREWELL MANOR HOUSE - Floorplan

Wip BYREWELL MANOR HOUSE - Floorplan

So here is my first attempt at a floorplan battlemap. It is the manor house of a local count who is secretly worshiping Talona, the Goddess of Disease and Poison, which is why the foliage is dying and blackened. Below, via the hatch in the secret room will be a tunnel and cave where his sacrificial alter and poisons are, then leading to miles and miles of underground tunnels and caverns, both natural and man made between, thus interconnecting several key sites in my campaign. Im not happy with the lighting, as i'd like it to be a bit softer. However, i can't seem to figure out how to manipulate the images, only make the layer a bit more transparent...using CC3....anyone? I am still figuring out the program as I go, rather than, of course doing the more patient and intelligent thing is reading thru the UToM....anyway, i've also got a daylight version Thoughts, critiques, helpful tips? PLEASE DO NOT REPOST MY WORK WITHOUT MY PERMISSION FIRST, PLEASE. THANK YOU.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Byrewell Estate Ground Level Night small watermark.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	85525  
    Last edited by lorelei; 07-20-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Banned User

Now that's a nice map! Interesting, complete, rich with details, nice colors, comfortable to look at and easy to understand

Thanks so much! I really got to play around with some new techniques i found in the Tome to play with, like the grid on the floors only. I tried the custom lighting, but it got too technical and time consuming, and for my own campaign's purposes, this will do just nicely instead. Made a few tweaks, like the estate name, but other than that, i think i am just about ready to print it up!

Whoa.......Very nice Manor House!!

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

This is a fantastic map, I really love the colors. Are you doing a 2nd level?

Really nice work Lorelei.
    The colors and details are well done and attractive.
    You did a great job on this.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanC View Post
    This is a fantastic map, I really love the colors. Are you doing a 2nd level?
    Yes, Nathan, i do plan on it. However, my players will not be anywhere near this Estate for a bit....so i have some time to work one up. Any suggestions other than "bedrooms"?

A very nice map indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
    Yes, Nathan, i do plan on it. However, my players will not be anywhere near this Estate for a bit....so i have some time to work one up. Any suggestions other than "bedrooms"?
    Maybe a study or something?

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

I need to learn the Grid on Floor only trick
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looks really good - unfortunately I can't help with CC3 tricks - but very nice work - looking forward to seeing more
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast