Thread: One of the Many Versions of Sengia!

Map One of the Many Versions of Sengia!

This map has been finished for a little more than a year? (or so?) I think. This was around my fourth or fifth serious map at the time and I find the detail I put into it complex, especially for flash pro. I remember with the program telling me I couldn't put any more objects in so I had to restart it and work from there. This happened when I did the islands.

I think it's a good example of what can be done in flash. It's for one of my stories that was a runoff of a Archie Sonic the Hedgehog story that I just took out all of the sonic canon and made it my own, really. What do you think?

or.. whatever here's the link to the interactive map on DA. This map really, I should try to make a image for it. But I'm not exactly positive I could without ruining the map. So I believe there is no way I could .png it properly. Interactive Flash Map, remember to right click and zoom in to properly explore. There are no cities as this map isn't meant to be cluttered up.

http://mike1204.deviantart.com/art/T...engia-59993679

But anyway. WHAT DO YOU THINK GUIZ?

World of Sathis: my Cooperative Storytelling Project.

“It’s become apallingly clear that our Technology has surpassed our Humanity”

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Here's what I think...I think it looks really good, especially the way the islands really stay close to the landmasses instead of just looking plopped down somewhere. I also think you should write up a tutorial on how you do your process 'cuz I'd like to learn more about it and try something myself. Nice job.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Here's what I think...I think it looks really good, especially the way the islands really stay close to the landmasses instead of just looking plopped down somewhere. I also think you should write up a tutorial on how you do your process 'cuz I'd like to learn more about it and try something myself. Nice job.

My process is similar but varies from map to map. Anything specific you might want me to cover so I can keep it in mind?

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Well, the way most of us do our tuts is that we start at the beginning and stop at the end Kidding. What I'm getting at is many of us have never even tried to do anything of this sort with this software (even though many of us bought the various programs I've never dusted some of them off). So what we would need is a "complete guide to mapping for noobs in X program". For an idea just skim through the tutorials section and you will see what I'm talking about.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    Well, the way most of us do our tuts is that we start at the beginning and stop at the end Kidding. What I'm getting at is many of us have never even tried to do anything of this sort with this software (even though many of us bought the various programs I've never dusted some of them off). So what we would need is a "complete guide to mapping for noobs in X program". For an idea just skim through the tutorials section and you will see what I'm talking about.
    I'll see what I can do.